Your Bet: When Will Mr. T. Return

kamui

When will Mr. T. return  

21 members have voted

1. 1. When will Mr. T. return. Your prediction

• During Songkran (mid April)
    • This year
    • During Yinglucks reign (next election is 7/2015)
    • 2015 or later
    • Never
    • I have no idea or I won't tell...

The current government is working hard to prepare Mr. T.'s return (see Bangkok Post, e.g.) and Mr. T. recently told the redshirts that he preparing to return "in style".

So, what do you think, when will he back in LOS?

And another question: What will happen when he is back in LOS?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what do you think, when will he back in LOS?

I'll be back on 5th June. :yay:

And another question: What will happen when he is back in LOS?

Sales of Johnnie Walker Black Label will rocket drinking80.gif and there will be a general improvement in the Thai economy, particularly in certain parts of Bangkok. :hubbahubba:

he would be assassinated within 3-9 months after return!

That is what I believe. Talk to some Muslim taxi drivers if you want to have your ear bent. They will tell you how Thaksin is a murder and rattle off how many Muslim deaths he was responsible for. They hate him with a passion. Another driver told me about his cousin, who was killed in the "drug war" even though he insists his cousin was innocent. There are others who hate him for a variety of reasons we shouldn't go into on this board. He stepped on a lot of toes in his rise to power.

I should hope he realises just how dangerous it would be for him to return.

That is what I believe. Talk to some Muslim taxi drivers if you want to have your ear bent. They will tell you how Thaksin is a murder and rattle off how many Muslim deaths he was responsible for. They hate him with a passion. Another driver told me about his cousin, who was killed in the "drug war" even though he insists his cousin was innocent. There are others who hate him for a variety of reasons we shouldn't go into on this board. He stepped on a lot of toes in his rise to power.

I should hope he realises just how dangerous it would be for him to return.

IMHO the people in the streets can hate him as much as they want, but they won't plan/be capable to murder him. They neither have the expertise nor the means like for example arabian/western Al-Quiada terrorists.

The question is IMHO how the anti-Mr. T. oligarchs/military/politicians will act.

- Do they want to risk the consequences of a potential assassination?

A failed attempt would cause almost probably a severe and most probably deadly backlash by Mr. T.'s fraction.

A successful outcome almost probably would mean more or less civil war.

On the other hand, how much do they fear Mr. T's revenge after his return?

It an equation with with several unknowns...

<< In April 2009, Abhisit faced massive anti-government protests led by the pro-Thaksin red shirts which caused the Fourth East Asian Summit to be canceled and was followed by riots in Bangkok.

Days after the Bangkok unrest was quelled by military force, gunmen ambushed Sondhi's car, a black Toyota Vellfire, at a petrol station. They shot out the tires, and fired over 100 M-16 and AK-47 assault rifle rounds at the car. The attackers escaped from the scene when Sondhi's followers in another car opened fire on them. Sondhi suffered a serious head wound but remained conscious, standing and lucid before being sent to a hospital for emergency surgery.

Sondhi survived the surgery, which involved removing several bullet fragments embedded about half a centimetre deep in his skull. He was visited by relatives afterwards.

It is not certain who was behind the shooting, though Sondhi's son and PAD's spokesmen speculated that a faction of the military or police might have been behind it >>

My link

Archived