Your Bet: When Will Mr. T. Return

kamui

When will Mr. T. return  

21 members have voted

1. 1. When will Mr. T. return. Your prediction

• During Songkran (mid April)
    • This year
    • During Yinglucks reign (next election is 7/2015)
    • 2015 or later
    • Never
    • I have no idea or I won't tell...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link works for me - and it is a very good read. Actually, much of the violence during the red shirt taker was caused by the hitmen of the godfathers. I saw their thugs riding around on motorcycles at red shirt processions, looking intentionally intimidating. The ordinary red shirt was an inoffensive Somchai, but one look at those guards and I instinctively went into a defensive posture.

When the reds paraded through the city, some shop girls dared to hold up pro-yellow placards. The parade stopped and the shop girls were surrounded and told in no uncertain terms to knock that off and never do it again.

I suspect that the "men in black" who were filmed firing on the army at Kok Wua intersection (right next to KSR) were private gunmen of the chao po's. (I've been told that British TV actually showed films of the gunmen attacking the soldiers.)

a bit of contradiction between Thaihome and Flasher

according to Thaihome, the Chao Phors support UDD, according to Flasher they support the red shirts!

IMO some of the Chao Phors change sides more than their shirts, like politicans...and some are politicians or their family members are MP

when some think Thaksin has a bright future, they join him; if his star is declining, they join the opposite site.

and the fractions in this power struggle are not stable, many powerful persons are moving from one side to the other (and back).

I do not believe that this has anything to do with a change in society, raise of the middle class or the poors or development towards a more democratic political system.

it is just a power struggle between different fractions of elites. The middle class and the poor are just tools to achieve more power, nothing else.

IMO some of the Chao Phors change sides more than their shirts, like politicans...and some are politicians or their family members are MP

I agree most of those support the man or now the woman in power and will change to next in power.... :grinyes: (Don't forget that families of Thaksin and Pojaman (khunying Ah) are thai-chinese - the first not so rich but second very rich.)

On the other side I don't see this is especially thai - they do the same in USA and all other democracies...

a bit of contradiction between Thaihome and Flasher

according to Thaihome, the Chao Phors support UDD, according to Flasher they support the red shirts!

when some think Thaksin has a bright future, they join him; if his star is declining, they join the opposite site.

and the fractions in this power struggle are not stable, many powerful persons are moving from one side to the other (and back).

I do not believe that this has anything to do with a change in society, raise of the middle class or the poors or development towards a more democratic political system.

it is just a power struggle between different fractions of elites. The middle class and the poor are just tools to achieve more power, nothing else.

The UDD are the red shirts! The yellow guys are the PADs. :p

Archived