And Your Song Is?

Mekong

Guys

Come on, we all have ONE TUNE which got us hooked onto a certain genere of music.

For me it is Brian Eno Baby's on fire. Eno was with Roxy Music in 73 when he recorded this masterpiece with Robert Fripp (King Krimson) Simon King (Hawkwind) and Paul Rudolph (Pink Fairies) for me this tune rocks.

This is Pre-Ziggie Bowie era, Pre-Joy Division and Pre-Seattle era, I am sure Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) classes him as an influence, oh he happened to produce the first few U2 albums I can allow him a slight fuck up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMt1Oy5uQ0w

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys

Come on, we all have ONE TUNE which got us hooked onto a certain genere of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMt1Oy5uQ0w

off on a tangent as i have no particular fave genre of music,it varies on my mood what i listen to.

i was'nt even a teenager when i bought my first 45's(remember them?).

Donna by 10CC and My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.

but i Bought Ziggy Stardust by Bowie and i was hooked on that genre for a long time,then punk emerged and i was a great fan.

hated disco but it makes me smile nowadays and as i say it depends on my mood as to what i play in the car on a long journey.

but i do like Classical Music these days.

sorry Mekong for going off topic but sometimes things are not so simple.

TH

Sorta knew you would choose Duane and Gregg Allman, even though the song is more Dickey Betts IMHO, Bell Oakley on Bass plus Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johnson and Butch Trucks on dual drums, I prefer the Zappa version with a young Stevie Vai on Lead, but as I said that is only my opinion.

This is what I love about Music, It can bring back memories from where you where when one first heard the tune, based on your choice of tune I would have as a guess you are from closer too Jacksonville Florida as opposed to Macon Georgia.

Keep 'em coming guys!

Archived