And Your Song Is?

Mekong

And a french candidate she was - I guess - under 145 cm and less than 45 (maybe less than 40) kg. Probably the biggest female voice of all times - IMO of course.

A translation - No, I regret nothing! (Maybe not so good in english but it's not easy to translate without a double negation like - No, I don't regret nothing - which is closer to original but not better really... My best translation is No I'don't regret anything - but it's not correct...)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TH

... based on your choice of tune I would have as a guess you are from closer too Jacksonville Florida as opposed to Macon Georgia.

Keep 'em coming guys!

Actually I’m a born and raised Californian. Didn’t move to the South and discover Southern Rock until I was in my early 20’s. To me the heyday of the Southern Rock was the early 70’s. Once the rest of the world discovered it, many of the bands, like the Allman Bros, ZZ- Top, Marshal Tucker and Lynyrd Sknyrd cashed in and started doing radio pop. I understand why, but the music suffered for it and most people only know those songs.

My other choice was this one:

TH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOV5vWfSgI&feature=related

Actually I’m a born and raised Californian. Didn’t move to the South and discover Southern Rock until I was in my early 20’s. To me the heyday of the Southern Rock was the early 70’s. Once the rest of the world discovered it, many of the bands, like the Allman Bros, ZZ- Top, Marshal Tucker and Lynyrd Sknyrd cashed in and started doing radio pop. I understand why, but the music suffered for it and most people only know those songs.

My other choice was this one:

TH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOV5vWfSgI&feature=related

Okay. So many really, but this one used to rock me. Still does.

Creedence were one of very few bands who didn't sell out when the disco era arrived - an extremely sad time for popular music, even worse than today. Stadium rockers and disco divas - no surprises that I went with the guys in the stadium and a few pub/punk bands here in Oz (Birdman and the usual suspects).

TH, you mention Lynyrd Sknyrd doing 'radio pop' - these are the only LS tunes I can recall ever making it onto the radio here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_More_from_the_Road

Bogans still sing along to 'Sweet Home Alabama', but very few would remember 'Free Bird' or my favorite, 'Tuesdays Gone'. If that's radio pop, it was a hell of a lot better than anything else that was on my radio in the 70s.

Guest lazyphil

going to see the aussie pink floyd tonight at the cambridge corn exchange. they're coming home, this is floyds old stomping ground. i might bike in via grantchester meadows to get the feeling set

Archived