April A Crap Month For Los ?

gobbledonk

Many tourists use the wrong word - Songkram - but it's a good description (war). :cheerleader:

To many Aussies, the prospect of being squirted in the hottest month of the year would sound fantastic, but its the indiscriminate way its done in places like Pattaya that puts me off the whole thing. Its that dichotomy that many Thais display (childlike and charming to childish and tedious)- like being trapped in a lift with Robin Williams and Jim Carrey. By the time you got out, they'd have to pry you off the roof .....

I disagree - having spent an entire wet season in BKK, there most definitely are crap months. The build-up would be even worse.

I spent 7 consecutive wet seasons in Bkk and all the other seasons inbetween and never thought any of them were "crap" or ever wanted to be anywhere else. Sure I was inconvenienced a few times when I couldn't get somewhere I wanted to be at a certain time because of temporary flooding but, hey it's part of living in Bkk.

There is no such thing as a "crap month for LOS". :nono:

Although some months may be better than others. :hmmm:

My response as well: After spending weeks or months in some shithole or other waiting for your chance to getaway to a place that serves beer and bacon, the concept of "crap month in LOS" simply does not apply. I just plan to get there (apr 10-21) and then make whatever adjustments are necessary (to heat, to Songkran, to bar closures, floods, civil disturbances, ridiculous booze-sale rules, psychotic BGs, overbooked hotels - whatever it is, it can be overcome better than things can be overcome where we live the rest of the year!)

YimSiam

So I've been told. It wasn't like that in the past. I remember Songkran as a respectful time, when Thais would wai you and ask to "rot nam" you. Then they would pour a bit of perfumed water over your extended hands. I actually got that from a couple in my neighbourhood last year. But times have obviously changed. Even my wife complains about Songkran, and she is from the North.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrtsO2Ho2tg

Just love that VW Beetle at 2;04

Archived