Stick, Its Time To Move On .....

gobbledonk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found my niche on the new Patts forum - in at the ground floor - yeehaaaaa ! Stick might be plugging PP as the place to be for mongers, but I'll take Patts any day.

Gobble, me too - I'll take Patts any day. It is the best place in the world for p4p.

I also saw the Pattaya Free forum on Sticks piece this week and have joined.

I like Stickman. He is one of Bangkok's characters. He has never done anything to make me change that opinion, any more than Bernard Trink did. Stickman's site is entertaining. That is all it should be.

Yet it is amazing how the mere mention of his name brings forth long threads both pro and con. I saw the same thing with Trink in pre-internet days. People either loved him or hated him. It seems to go with the job.

Nicely said.

Gobble, me too - I'll take Patts any day. It is the best place in the world for p4p.

I also saw the Pattaya Free forum on Sticks piece this week and have joined.

Good stuff, Stumpy. Did you read Stick's long-winded attempt to spark interest in PP as an alternative to LOS ? After spending 48 hours of my 4 day stay in PP bent over a toilet bowl, wishing I was dead, I couldnt wait to get back to Thailand. It doesnt matter how cheap the beer is (or the women) - the city was dirty and dusty and the days as boring as my time in Vientiane. Still the only place in SE Asia where I've been poisoned, and I've eaten street food from Jakarta/Kuta to Guanxi in southern China. I'm not saying it cant happen elsewhere, but it didnt leave me with a positive impression of Cambo as a longterm destination.

(To be fair, some of my adventures in Indonesia left me wondering if I was going to be projectile vomiting at 2am, but I seem to have cast-iron guts. Clearly, they have some bacteria in Cambo that think otherwise.)

Archived