Why Do So Many Falang Think They Are The Authority On Thailand?

Shibuya

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once managed to go to the wrong city in Japan (by train). I wanted to visit an institution which carried the name of a city, but it was actually located in a different town. doah.gifcool.gif

Ah I forgot one more embarrassing detail...

So I arrived in the small city and no public building around and no signs. This was before the internet and I didn't have a paper map. So I started walking along a beautiful lake in the sun. After 20 min. or so I saw some construction workers and asked them about the institution, they had no idea, but I had a phone number. The worker called it on his mobile phone (this was mid 1990s!!!) and learnt that I am in the wrong city. He kindly took me back to the station his car (that's Japan!!!) and I took the train to the next city - or so I thought, but in fact I took the train in the wrong direction. doah.gif I realized it soon, but of course I had to wait until the next stop for to take the train in the right direction... spin.gif

All in all the 45 min. trip took around 3-4 hours...

as Kamui confessed his mishappenings with the wrong town in Japan, I will do so as well:

got 3 times to the wrong hotels during last 10 years.

problem was, that there are 2 or more hotels with the same name in that city and I was not told that.

happened in Hongkong, Seoul and Singapore

And did you get a room? cheerleader.gif

Archived