Why Do So Many Falang Think They Are The Authority On Thailand?

Shibuya

Being an optimistic person we should look at the bright side. While gov manipulation of the internet is an issue the greater issue here is gobbledonks' choice of potential partners.

Since you can't see the pictures, I will concede that the hooters were superb. Massive and firm in appearance! The good stuff ends there as other parts appeared proportional which is not a good sign.

Thats where we differ - I actually dont mind the 'Filibooty', as long as it isnt totally out of control. Oil appears to have no dimples anywhere, and I dont mind the fact that she isnt a size 8. Of course, give it a couple of years and it will all be different, but we arent talking about marrying the girl, are we ? I doubt that you kick her out of bed if she left half a pizza on the bedside table while you checked out just how firm those noms really were. :cheerleader:

KS - apologies - I should have known that a site called 'AsianBargirls.com' would raise the ire of censors in Thailand. Their loss.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Only Mekong and Munchi discuss the hard facts, especially if paying 1.773 THB LT to a beer bar BG is completely foolish. But after three pages of verbal fights it becomes apparent that both never paid 1.773 THB for long time (or anything else in LOS) and therefore KS bans both for 12 minutes for being completely untrustworthy in regard to bar fines in the range of 1.769 THB to 1.777 THB.

And this is where Kamui's rant falls flat on it's face, I know for sure that I have never posted in Nightlife forum about the going rate and I am pretty sure that my good friend Munchie never has either

Totally derailing the thread,

Sometimes looking in from the outside gives people a better/clearer/different/ view of things,

That said I think to really comment you need to get know and make a lot of friends in a wide range of circles,

A number of posters here I don't particularly like, however I respect they do know the local landscape very well as they work with Thais on a very different level,

The great the range of Thais you work with and interact with, the better your "helicopter" veiw of Thailand is I "think".

That goes for all people in all countries as well.

The people and commentators I like are the ones who mix with the greatest range of people.

Even worse, to me, are the farangs who adopt all the Thais' "party line" propaganda bullshit, and become emissaries of all the phony culture, history, excuses for shit Thais do...

This includes obnoxiously standing up for one of those things that we're not aloud to talk about here...there is nothing more disgusting and loathsome to me than when a farang becomes an apologist for that bullshit...and there are many of them.

I mean, it takes a lifetime of brainwashing for the Thais to come to believe all that bullshit about themselves and their culture, the fabricated history, "traditions" that claim to be centuries old that in fact only date back a few decades...it's amazing that after a few years in Thailand that some farangs can swallow it and start preaching it too.

Even worse, to me, are the farangs who adopt all the Thais' "party line" propaganda bullshit, and become emissaries of all the phony culture, history, excuses for shit Thais do...

This includes obnoxiously standing up for one of those things that we're not aloud to talk about here...there is nothing more disgusting and loathsome to me than when a farang becomes an apologist for that bullshit...and there are many of them.

I mean, it takes a lifetime of brainwashing for the Thais to come to believe all that bullshit about themselves and their culture, the fabricated history, "traditions" that claim to be centuries old that in fact only date back a few decades...it's amazing that after a few years in Thailand that some farangs can swallow it and start preaching it too.

Maybe they just think its safer to be heard towing the party line than saying anything that could be viewed as negative. I often wonder how vocal expats in Cambo are about Hun Sen (or what coss can say about the communist regime in Laos) ? It would be very easy to assume that your average Cambodian is apolitical, but Hun Sen's iron grip on power tells me that cant be the case for everyone - foreigners stirring up shit in someone else's country are rarely welcome. We periodically have someone raise our treatment of aboriginals on the world stage, and it doesn't go down well. Not apologising for the apologists - just offering a possible reason for their sycophantic ways.

Getting back to the Thais, I learnt pretty quickly not to talk about the Red Shirts and similar divisive issues, and I would put past events in that bucket. One of the great things about mixing with the lower end of Thai society is that there is very little need to discuss anything that doesnt involve immediate physical gratification - alcohol, food and sex. :cheerleader:

Guest lazyphil

yet here in europe we built cathedrals in the name of a brown arab type who is portrayed as a whitey and believe in virgin births and zombie-fication!!! (even after 2000 years many still believe fairy tales :elephant: )

P

And this is where Kamui's rant falls flat on it's face, I know for sure that I have never posted in Nightlife forum about the going rate and I am pretty sure that my good friend Munchie never has either

Hey Mekong, keep cool. The was meant as a joke, not a rant. beer.gifs

This was the Gogo bar version of Postmodern Relativism applied to Thai360:

Postmodern Relativism often refers to truth relativism, which is the doctrine that there are no absolute truths, i.e., that truth is always relative to some particular frame of reference, such as a language or a culture (cf. cultural relativism). ... Relativism is sometimes interpreted as saying that all points of view are equally valid, in contrast to an absolutism which argues there is but one true and correct view.

drunk.gifdunno.gif

PS: And yes, I know that you have never been banned for 12 minutes. wave.gif

PS/PS: And I confess, that the quote above is not funny at all, especially in LOS there seem to be often ONE truth, you just need to be powerful and rich enough to establish it...chinaman.gif

Archived