Why Do So Many Falang Think They Are The Authority On Thailand?

Shibuya

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got involved in a row with some "experts" on another forum on the topic of living in Thailand.

What i found amazing was the number of people who DONT live in Thailand, but visit every year, dispensing advice to people that DO live here on day to day things like truevisions, condo security guards, shopping for groceries, water rates, taxi drivers etc etc

That doesnt happen in other countries.

Sounds like my brother. After his first and only visit to Thailand he was an expert on telling me how to life my life in Thailand. Worst is my mother believes him and keeps on quoting but your brother says it works so and so in Thailand. ..... I have only lived here for 13 years :(

Sounds like my brother. After his first and only visit to Thailand he was an expert on telling me how to life my life in Thailand. Worst is my mother believes him and keeps on quoting but your brother says it works so and so in Thailand. ..... I have only lived here for 13 years :(

That's your side of the story.

They know shit.

What about you TTM? How do you rate your knowledge on LOS? Having lived in Asia a significant time, and been married to a Thai girl for 10+ (?) years (congrats btw). You come across as quite knowledgeable.

I've been away for a while, but even so, as a tourist I know fuck all about areas other than nightlife/tourist attractions, even though I've been around the country a bit. Even regarding the nightlife, I'd say I know about 10% more than "fuck all".... then again fuck all plus 10% of fuck all is still fuck all isn't it?

What about you TTM? How do you rate your knowledge on LOS? Having lived in Asia a significant time, and been married to a Thai girl for 10+ (?) years (congrats btw). You come across as quite knowledgeable.

Actually [removed - KS], but thats just my opinion!

Archived