Thai Bar Girl, Now My Wife

think_too_mut

Guest lazyphil

Good that you have said that.

My ex-BG and now wife is upstairs, sleeping. So is our daughter.

You see, the life of a former BG (with Uni class diploma) can be shit in Japan. While piggybacking on a B-747 captain salary of her husband. She does not understand the money but she knows something and someone is paying the bills.

That's life with a whore, if you will.

happy for you TTM

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in the Philippines a few years back and most people who hung around the bars ended up marrying a bar girl.

Depending on the guy involved, rather than the girl, this worked out more often than not.

My mate married a waitress who had probably been on the game for 20 years and they seem very happy coming up to their tenth anniversary.

I can't see the point in getting into a "think too much" situation over it anymore than trying to rationalise broken marriages to western women... (why the fuck did I ever marry that bitch???)

If it works it works and never, ever, try to fix it if it ain't broke.

For my Oz friends, a BG in Thai could be an equivalent of and Aborigional girl, with no front teeth, alcoholic and on drugs going prostitute. Not even Aboriginals would have a go at her.

I 100% reject that, unless you are talking the most extreme end of the industry and I cant imagine anyone going near a freelancer like that. Yes, white trash here will fuck anything, just as crack whores in the US get customers, but the Oz government has thrown billions at Aboriginal health and welfare - year after year - for < 2 per cent of the total population. Compare that to Thailand, where Isaan people would be at least 40% of the total population (guesstimate - anyone ?).

There are very few 100% Aboriginal people left in Oz - the vast majority are the product of white trash fathers and Aboriginal mothers, themselves often only half-caste. The girls are often quite attractive at 15, but things go downhill fast as soon as they have a kid or 3. Smoking, drinking and drugs - all the things many teenagers do elsewhere - really seems to age these girls fast and their partners, if they stick around, arent much help.

I could go on, but I'm sure similar misery can be found in every marginalised minority worldwide - the difference here is that its so public. Even when the Vietnamese were all tarred with the 'Cabramatta heroin dealer' brush in the 80s, they had people who were willing to turn it around - many Viets have done very well for themselves, probably a little too well for our racist sensibilities. Australians want people to get ahead - just not ahead of them.

I've yet to see a girl in any bar in Thailand who resembles the worst of our Aboriginal women - alcoholic or no. Until the girls start sniffing petrol and completely ignoring their personal hygiene, I doubt that I will.

I suppose the term trash could be used to describe anyone who takes sexual advantage of the less fortunate.

Many white men in the early days took aboriginal wives purely because that was all their was, similar to the "squaw men" in the early days of the American West.

They were, of course, despised by those who turned up complete with wives of their own ethnic group after the real pioneering work was done.

I've known aboriginal girls and women who have broken the cycle and educated themselves into decent jobs, albeit, many with government departments.

I'll freely admit I found many of them sexually attractive and obviously other white men did as some married them.

I don't think that marriage durability is directly related to the wife being a former (or current) bar girl. I've known many Thai/Farang marriages and the rate of dissolution seems to be about the same for BG vs non-BG marriages.

Per - Think to Mut:

Your analysis of your wife's background, may be fairly common amongst Thai girls. But there are also those who do it for fun or because it's easier than planting rice all day. There's a Gamut.

JMHO

In today's environment, a brave woman, I think she got her PhD at 27 from Yale (something like that):

"Butterfield 8, with its call-girl heroine working her way down the alphabet of men from Amherst to Yale, appeared at a very formative moment in my adolescence and impressed me forever with the persona of the prostitute, whom I continue to revere. The prostitute is not, as feminists claim, the victim of men, but rather their conqueror, an outlaw, who controls the sexual channels between nature and culture.

Feminists like to quote these absolutely specious statistics, a typical trick of the feminist movement of the last twenty years. For example, they'll say the majority of prostitutes have been sexually abused as children. But there's no evidence for this! The most successful prostitutes are invisible, because the sign of a prostitute's success is her absolute blending with the environment. She's so shrewd, she never becomes visible. She never gets in trouble. She has command of her life, and her clients. The ones who get into the surveys have drug problems or psychological problems. They're the ones who were sexually abused. Feminists are using amateurs to condemn a whole profession. Appalling!

I'm against the harassment of prostitutes. Unless they are actually interfering with people's movements, they have a perfect right to be doing what they're doing."

Camille Paglia, PhD

Professor of Humanities and Media Studies, Bennington College

Archived