Thai Bar Girl, Now My Wife

think_too_mut

I cant say that I was particularly taken with any of the girls in CMs small bar district

you can bet that most of them are not from Chiangmai; also there the Isaan lasses are a majority.

I also do not agree with Flasher's statement, that it is unusual to find any Northeners in bars. Maybe not many from Chiangmai, but there are still many from other northern provinces like Petchabun, Pitsanulok, Kamphaeng Phet etc. of course still a minority in comparison with those from Northeast

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petchabun, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Kampaengphet etc are the north of Central Thailand. They all speak standard Thai. That area is sometimes called the "lower north".

The historic North starts at Nan and Phrae, the Kham Muang-speaking provinces of the former Kingdom of Lanna. That is where the BGs and MP girls used to come from, also most the beauty queens.

Nowadays for some reason the bars of Chiang Mai are full of Issan girls. :p

She is sitting 3m from me, with headphones and watching Thai soapies over the net.

Since 2002. she has completed elementary (grades 7-8), then high school, then not really an University but tertiary education. Under my watch and help. Her peers have jobs in Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong, all employed.

Our daughter (the only child), is about to perform a ballet in front of 2,000 people on April 14.

Not all is good. The reminiscances of what had driven her to the bar are (to me) visible. At first, I thought there was no a flaw of the character. Now, think twice.

She was one of the millions of abandoned kids, left in the sticks with grandmothers and with no parents who went to labour on Japanese investment projects and factories. That situation leaves lasting consequences. Turns them into bad mothers and bad wifes. They grew up with low emotional intelligence. Hard to form a relationship or maintain it.

That is at least, one thing that Stick and most of the people here do not understand. An example, the famous jealousy of BGs. It's a reflect of being abandoned, left out by own parents. Eternal insecurity.

TTM,

It is,and always will be,so relatively easy for folk to comment on a situation(s) which one really knows so little.

Time and again one reads comments(I do value the right to comment) from unqualified individuals who 'profess' to know the answers to many of the difficult situations which exist in our lives - esp. in LOS.

Those who life the life - are perhaps better qualified to comment?

IMHO,

Kiwi.

Petchabun, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Kampaengphet etc are the north of Central Thailand. They all speak standard Thai. That area is sometimes called the "lower north".

today mostly the four region division system is used and according to them, the above provinces belong to Northern Thailand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_Thailand#Four-region_system

agree re language, but Petchabun is a bit a exception as you hear also Isaan and Northern language

Petchabun is on the border of Issan, nearly 2/3rds of it Issan speaking.

Ask someone in Chiang Mai or Lampang if Phitsanulok or Petchabun are in the North and see what they say. When they say the North, they mean Lanna. So do I, since I lived there and picked it up from them. And that is where the BGs and MPs girls pre-1980s came from - white skin and big boobs. They were also the first choice for mia nois. You don't get white skins in Phitsanulok or Petchaboon. Everything from Uttaradit south belonged to first the Sukhothai Kingdom later Ayutthaya. Everything North was Lanna. They still consider themselves 'different".

p.s. Good to see someone has added a challeged to the Ram Khamhaeng legend on Wikipedia.

<< Recent scholarship has cast doubt on his role, however, noting that much of the information relating to his rule may have been fabricated in the 19th century in order to legitimize the Siamese state in the face of colonial threats.>>

http://en.wikipedia....i/Ram_Khamhaeng

She is sitting 3m from me, with headphones and watching Thai soapies over the net.

Since 2002. she has completed elementary (grades 7-8), then high school, then not really an University but tertiary education. Under my watch and help. Her peers have jobs in Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong, all employed.

Our daughter (the only child), is about to perform a ballet in front of 2,000 people on April 14.

Not all is good. The reminiscances of what had driven her to the bar are (to me) visible. At first, I thought there was no a flaw of the character. Now, think twice.

She was one of the millions of abandoned kids, left in the sticks with grandmothers and with no parents who went to labour on Japanese investment projects and factories. That situation leaves lasting consequences. Turns them into bad mothers and bad wifes. They grew up with low emotional intelligence. Hard to form a relationship or maintain it.

That is at least, one thing that Stick and most of the people here do not understand. An example, the famous jealousy of BGs. It's a reflect of being abandoned, left out by own parents. Eternal insecurity.

What did you expect? You can never forgive her for working in a bar - that much is plain. Don't let these terrible feelings steal into your heart. Your thoughts are plainer then you imagine - the eternal insecurity is yours. Don't let your own thoughts be your own cold comfort. Because the little girl dancing on the fourteenth is not some devil you spawned. She sees you in a suit of armour with a sword and shield - you're her Dad - and you're ruining all of this with your pap and scorn. You need to fight a war - for the little girl and your wife. You don't need Elysian Fields - you just need to stick up for them and stop whining to the infructuous ones here.

What did you expect? You can never forgive her for working in a bar - that much is plain. Don't let these terrible feelings steal into your heart. Your thoughts are plainer then you imagine - the eternal insecurity is yours. Don't let your own thoughts be your own cold comfort. Because the little girl dancing on the fourteenth is not some devil you spawned. She sees you in a suit of armour with a sword and shield - you're her Dad - and you're ruining all of this with your pap and scorn. You need to fight a war - for the little girl and your wife. You don't need Elysian Fields - you just need to stick up for them and stop whining to the infructuous ones here.

Nah, does not apply to here.

This was my real intention (the rest is known to 20-30 people here), how little others, including "experts" understand where the famous jealousy comes from:

Most even think that they, like never before, are the cause of it, in Thailand.

Just found my post

BG out of the scene - 500 days after

from May 2003, same girl. Now could be near 5,000 days. One reply even said "let's wait for 5,000 days". It has happened but I don't see him around now.

Nah, does not apply to here.

This was my real intention (the rest is known to 20-30 people here), how little others, including "experts" understand where the famous jealousy comes from:

Most even think that they, like never before, are the cause of it, in Thailand.

Just found my post

BG out of the scene - 500 days after

from May 2003, same girl. Now could be near 5,000 days. One reply even said "let's wait for 5,000 days". It has happened but I don't see him around now.

Your 5000 days should be more then a ten thousand decades in hell and you should wait for every single one. You arsehole. You pretend to care, but you are the worst example of the worst. I poured water on the open eyes of the one I loved that had died - they didn't flinch - unlike most people I know -

Archived