Thai Bar Girl, Now My Wife

think_too_mut

good idea BuBi!

many on this board would probably be under this category! and probably more continue to whoremonger than the other way round (the former whore married now to a farang continues to whoring). But then who wants to discuss this topic as this is presumably the right of the guy who pays the bill (not the buffalo bill)!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, does not apply to here.

This was my real intention (the rest is known to 20-30 people here), how little others, including "experts" understand where the famous jealousy comes from:

TTM,

I am finding your postings as a thinly disguised attack at me and as such I will give you my reply.

My Situation was not so much dissimilar to your own except for the fact mine happened 12 years or so before yours and the child involved was hers from a previous "Thai Man No Good" marriage. I was working in SE Asia since 1988 and first met her in 1989, I was here every 3 months. Much the same as yourself I took her out of the bar and sponsored her through schooling. I eventually got a contract on Eastern Seaboard early 1991 and we lived together as husband and wife with her son as my stepson for 11 years. You are bringing up your own flesh and blood, I was raising another guys child as my own, hard work I tell you.

Cut a long story short she saw me as a way out of Thailand, I saw her as a way to stay, eventually we realized we had differing agendas and agreed to divorce, at the time she had gone back to her old ways and had sponsors (multiple) from the States and eventually took off to America with her then 15 year old son.

It's now 2012 and I am over her but at the time it really ate me up and I was in a bad way for 12 months drinking and whoring for a full year, I was on the Mekong Diet (I lost 12 Months) hence the reason for my nickname on this forum, a reminder of my dim and distant past. As for her, she went State side and made a life for herself and her son had a good education. I say her son, but he will always be my stepson, Khun D** comes back to Thailand every couple of years he is 25 years old now and still looks me up when here, in fact we plan it before he arrives, he still calls me dad, and that means a lot to me but I refuse to have anything to do with his mother and he respects my POV.

You may assume that you are "an expert", to use your own words, on Farang / BG Relationships but trust me son many of us have been a lot deeper and been through more than you have.

For the record, I still live in Thailand I had no need to take a needy person out of the country in "Knight in Shining Armour Mode" as you felt the need to as you show your shallowness to the forum.

It was more about distinct looks of people that many find unattractive.

I

There it starts: lack of discipline, lazyness, or drinking, sees them fired. Or very likely lack of social skills atop sees them expelled from the dormitory. All that is ready, comes before they even know what bars are. No bar can worsen that. But, bar can tolerate that, most of their workers are the same. Sleep into late afternoon, come, dance, sit, get barfined. Late for work - fine you.

Nonsense like Stick was posting "max 3 months before she is irreparable" look even more stupid after knowing how it works. The only thing long time exposure to bar can bring is about street smarts, including ransacking custmer mini bar to get over the act unconcious.

What was bad in them came with them, that saw them drifting into bars.

Those leaning toward yabaa are more likely to get into it in the armpits of Thai countryside due to blanket boredom, than in BKK. The villagers in my wife's town age 3 years for 1. Rampant alcoholism, drugs, no local work other than rice campaign.

Hi TTM,

I still remember very well your early therad(s) about educating and marrying a BG. It reminded me a little bit on the Pygmalion effect.

I have to agree, that entering a bar is probably not a very rational decision. I guess most girls have an external and/or internal history that steers them in the direction of becoming a prostitute, like having to care for child, since the father ran away, a poor family demanding that she provides money, maybe abuse as child/girl, whatever. Maybe laziness and/or greed play a role as well or not putting up with working in fields or 7 days a week in factory for 5.000 THB a month.

And they might have women in their village as "role models" who, working as prostitutes, where able to take care of the family and even able to raise the standard of living of her family. It is not by happenstance that BG's in a bar often come from the same village or are even relatives.

But I have to disagree to your conclusion: "No bar can worsen that". Being lazy does automatically turn a young girl in a drinking, scheming, hardened, emotionally damaged person.

In my experience the bar life style and prostitution can/will change a women (and almost very much their relationships to men).

For example, the girl whom I met when she was 18, almost fresh from the village and who wasn't used to alcohol at all, became a really hardened, tattooed whore who started to drink around noon, with a behavior and vocabulary which made me speechless. Even her face had become hard. I have never seen changes like this on young women in my home country, when I grew up (and this was in scene in which dope and harder drugs were very common, and in which several dropouts were hanging around - but I did not know prostitutes at that time).

Hereby I invite interested subjects to start a thread

Falang Whore Monger , Now My Husband

Nothing but great news I presume

I'm going to start a tertiary thread. Falang mongers who bitch and moan about a lack of detailed sex reports, and then go to another thread and state that they just "know" that all prostitutes are hardened and fucked up beyond repair.

I'm always curious how they reconcile that?

Then I'm going to start a final thread: "where is the evidence to support these claims." Because rest assured, when I walk into most given Thai Bars, I'm not looking at a roomful of women who are wrecks hardened beyond anything I've ever seen EVER in my home country. I see people with a wide range of circumstance, experience, and personas, and not all wrecks. Yes, I'm sure some tragic, some not.

But then again, maybe I lack the keen discerning eye. Maybe I'm fooled. And maybe as a non-expat I have no right to broach any subjects outside of hotel prices and happy hours.

Ahhhhh, fuck that. Nobody here - nobody - is qualified to tell you that they have some supernatural understanding and insight of all bargirls, and they're all a bloody mess. Or that they would never make a choice to work bar as a rational decision. That is rather arrogant and absurd. Here's my hypothesis, how can anyone who feels these people are so fucked up -- ahhh, nevermind. Pointless.

These threads always devolve.

Where's the evidence. Other than self-indulgent jesus-christ complex crap. My last hypothesis is this: these women aren't all wrecks, and they should be given credit and not talked about and/or treated as if they're infantile people who can't think or make 'rational' decisions. Please.

Isn't that not only the lack of social skill, but being plainly uncivilized? Furthermore, she had a cheek to tell you that, possibly even be triumphant. Can you imagine a kitchen fight with person like that? Thais won't give her a second look.

That is exactly what I am saying, you just added an example that perfectly fits. Would bar damage her?

She entered the industry because she was a wreck not good for anything else.

God knows what else had seen her booted out.

Some of these girls carry with them a lot of sadness

but when we are around they put on their

acting role and we generally never get to see

the real other side. At least you have gotten to see the true reality of their lives.

Some of these girls carry with them a lot of sadness

but when we are around they put on their

acting role and we generally never get to see

the real other side. At least you have gotten to see the true reality of their lives.

Yet another member of the genius brigade surfaces to tell us on the one hand - the girls are acting and we don't get to see their 'real' side, but on the other, we can rest in peace knowing that BT and the OP do know the true reality -- they can penetrate that veneer and are willing to share this with the phillistines.

So all those bargirls who are apparently hardened beyond anything one's ever seen in their home country -- they must be really bad actors? Unless, it's some kind of grand conspiracy to provoke this very thread.

We are blessed to have these sensitive souls among us, who are willing to take a few moments away from posting on BBBJs and share their altruistic personalities.

Cheers to Kamui and BT. :beer:

Looks like you have a fan club TTM. Mom would be proud.

I was thinking of starting a quaternary thread on how people complain about other people that moan about lack of detailed sex reports yet seem bitter about their relative ... nah, just kidding.

The misogynists are thick in the air tonight, sigh....

If defending bargirls right to decide, think, and speak for themselves makes one misogynist --> hey, I'm all for it.

I don't know you Panadol, but the other two yahoos, yeah, I cringe. I wish they would've posted before me -- would've never contributed to this thread.

So, just to clarify, TTM = interesting guy, I like reading. Most of the time. Kudos on staying married that long regardless, I think.

BangkokTraveler will tell you stories about being in machete fights in Thailand. Generally very passive-aggressive, has credibility issues. I avoid.

Kamui will post on his exploits in Cambodia and Thailand, complain about lack of sex content, and then make these extreme cases on how horrible the lives of bargirls are. I don't get that? Last year or so he was in love with a girl from Cowboy, sending her gifts, and set out to rescue her. Lots of guys here told him he was seeing too much into it. The girl didn't want to be rescued. She said no and avoided him. And he posted all of that, which is probably a watered down version.

So, I think TTM is straight. I think guys like BT and Kamui, ehhhhh....

Anyway, last post here in this thread. Things won't change, same people same stuff repeated.

Oh, lest I forget - with your chastising TTM and all that other self-indulgent nonsense you were posting, you're just as awful. Yet another phony. Do you do internet poetry too? I picture you with a photo album of yourself in saintly poses, a la Bono. At least TTM I can respect.

Done.

Archived