Lao Family Justice

Coss

I've ridden with a few drivers who were active duty or retired police. They do it for extra money. Notice how they always place their policeman's hat on the dashboard, where it can be easily seen?

I have also ridden with a lot of cabbies with degree from Ramkhamhaeng or Sukhothaithammatiraj, even a few with an MA or MS. They told me they'd been offered regular jobs, but the salary wasn't much more than they made driving a taxi. It was easier just to stick to a taxi.

• 3 months later...

Back to topic.

It seems this kid is or has problems.

I was at home the other day and I heard the sound of some woman being slowly disemboweled, shrieking and screaming as though the very gods themselves, were torturing her. This went on for 30 minutes or so. After which, the boy and his family came home from around the corner, him limping and being supported. His screaming has developed somewhat, he could scream in the Olympics. Bandages and crutches were provided, looks as though he'd sprained his ankle. He was better after two days.

Then today, huge screaming again, this time for an hour, before the boy was led, by the scruff of the neck to his home. Mother, another woman and Father with a broom in attendance. Boy got a couple of slaps from mum, tried to do a runner, but Dad marshaled him with the spiky end of a bamboo broom. Eventually they got him into the house and the screaming slowly tailed off.

My first encounter with this situation had me thinking the boy was being badly treated (see OP) but I'm now convinced the lad is a c*nt.

The parent's may not be exemplars of western liberal child rearing, but from what I've seen the boy is deserved of his fate. I guess the sounds of screaming are what distresses me, the punishment I've seen is nothing too over the top.

Maybe this is the flip side of treating your young asian boy like a king.

Archived