Another Big Earthquake In Sumatra

Horneytorney

Seriously, we'd be better served by consulting a Thai fortune teller than paying these clowns for their opinions. Hand back those doctorates, lads - seismology is about as useful as Scientology.

first time I agree fully with you, Gobbie! that quake was also just a first small taste of the doomsday coming this december according to the Mayan calendar, Nostradamus and other prophets and fortuneteller! Beware, beware people and start to spend your last penny on whores and booze! it will soon be all over!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as well I already spent my last baht on whores and booze, HT - now I'm ready to meet my maker, aka The Dark Lord of the Underworld. :devil:

On a more serious note, the sheer terror in the eyes of some people in Aceh (and possibly Thais in Phuket, who seem to have a superstitious fear of the ocean after 2004) was appalling, particularly given Aceh's bloody history. The last news broadcast claimed that the scientists 'knew there would be no tsunami, but raised the alert anyway' - nothing like terrifying a populace so you can test out the alert system, but I can also see the other side of that coin. Damned if they do and damned if they dont, I guess.

first time I agree fully with you, Gobbie! that quake was also just a first small taste of the doomsday coming this december according to the Mayan calendar, Nostradamus and other prophets and fortuneteller! Beware, beware people and start to spend your last penny on whores and booze! it will soon be all over!

Nothing is going to happen in December 2012 just

like nothing happen on New Years day of the year 2000.

Archived