Misconceptions About Thailand

think_too_mut

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of women all over the world have learnt that 'Australia man no good' - personally, I cant argue with that. Asian men just seem to be able to get away wth the deadbeat dad thing a lot more easily.

As one Filipina put it to me in KL, if I get a girl pregnant in Oz and shoot through, the government will start turning over rocks till it finds me then force me to pay for the child's upkeep. No such laws exist in Asia - always happy to hear otherwise. Whether you are a motorsai taxi rider or an armed robber isnt the issue - its the freedom that Thai and Filipino men seem to have to father kids and then move on to their next conquest. I know - two sides to every story - and in some cases its the father who gets lumbered with the kid(s), but more often its mama's mama and the aunties. Must be a whole generation of seriously messed up kids coming up through grade school in parts of rural SE Asia.

The whole notion of 'Asians love their kids' really takes a battering when you hear some of the stories from other girls re how many kids Nit or Nan has 'back in her country'. Sure, they send money home, but is that a substitute for a mother's love ?

I tend to think there is a lot of sense in what Flash says about the girls needing to offload and Thai men are simply there, taking the easy pickings which their working sisters flaunt. How many of us have showered someone in gifts or money to gain affection and a listening ear ? Well, Thais girls buy the often temporary and largely false affections of their paramours in exactly the same way.

As for the impregnation and abandonment, then this is a trait not only of Thais at the level we know but also of low class men the world over. Whether there is state aid or not, lower class men do abandon children and have little care for their upkeep. Quite why women keep going back to these layabouts is another matter and I think it says a lot about their own self esteem.

No argument from me - its the old 'bad girls love bad boys but good girls love em too' thing - or at least that's what the rebels-without-a-clue would have you believe at 15 or so. Some of our nastiest criminals, many of them doing 20+ years for violent crimes, have women waiting for them on the outside. Some women are just masochists.

Quite why women keep going back to these layabouts is another matter and I think it says a lot about their own self esteem.

Self esteem? Should they abandon them and go for dukes, generals or CEOs?

That's their social destiny, the world they have been born into. Most of them make their way out through education and work and end up with reasoble men.

Those who can't leave the circle...well, they are right, the men they have exposure to come under that "Thai men no good" umbrella. But those are not good anywhere in the world.

Then we come: "Thai men no good", we read that as all Thais are bad (or small dicks) and this clever girl has realized and craves a white gentlemen like us.

Jesus, Bubi, 10 years on the board and thats the first time I've understood one of your posts ! :cheerleader::elephant:

i've said this before but after a tough couple of years i needed a break and just decided on Thailand as it was a place i had never visited and the thought of lazing on a sunny beach doing nothing would invigorate me.

i had no idea of P4P but soon learned within a couple of hours when the sun went down.

i like Phuket but i have travelled to various places around the country over the years because i came to love the whole thing about the country.

but of course eventually i used to get the comments at work about why i went.

it had to be because i was paying for sex because i could'nt get it at home which was silly because i had been in stable relationships with women here in the UK.

of course the people who made all the comments had never travelled anywhere exotic in their lives,but thought they knew more then i did about Thailand.

a fellow co-worker left to travel around the world and only got as far as Pattaya but met a lady,married her and had children.

he used to come home every 9 months or so and we used to meet up and have a good chat about how his life was living there.

but people respected him because he had settled down and i was a dirty old man because i only went for paid sex... :shakehead

then in about 2005 a friend of mine joined the workforce who had been introced to Thailand by a mutual friend who i had introduced to Thailand in 2002.

this guy rightly or wrongly bought a bar in Pattaya for his lady and then returned to the UK to let her run the bar alone and it seems it failed.

i don't know the full story as it's not my business and all his decisions were up to him.

but when we used to sit together at work and get the jibes about the sex industry people were soon shut up.

we soon told them that ladies if made friends with would sleep with you for a pittance(or nothing)bacause they were being treated well with food/drink and small gifts and having a good fella to spend time with.

we both explained that sometimes gifts are received better than a small amount of cash.

then we explained how drinks for ladies paid them a bit of cash,a daily wage and anything a man gives them for sex is theirs.

we tried to explain that 99% of this cash is not declared to the tax man and this still was not believed as people in the UK think everything has got to declare everybit of cash to the taxman. :rotfl:

they never heard of cash-in-hand........... :spin:

Archived