Misconceptions About Thailand

think_too_mut

Another misconception: Thai bar girls love our luxury accommodation, the poshier it is, the higher they think of us.

I swear I red it at the Stick's site. About a guy who emailed saying he had a bar girl long time at his condo or hotel, she would not leave. He said, she was sharing a room with several girls and wanted to stay and enjoy the comfort of his place. He, smart arse, reduced her fee to half, to make up for his own cost.

How uninformed that could be.

BGs are out of place in whatever may be an environment out of their realm. The transaction OK, but dwelling on that is not what they like. Actually, they hate that. Even think that hot water is bad for their skin.

Anyone seen a farang bringing his catch of the night to the breakfast room at Hilton, Hyatt or whaterever? They (the girl) look more lost than found.

They would rather sit on a cement floor of their room, with their friends, drink lao khao, watch pirated DVDs and gossip.

Give them a voucher to take whoever they want to the Bayoke restaurant high up, with champagne and spectacular views, they would refuse. Or, rather, accept it but nothing happens after that.

In the situation from the email, a benign situation, she may have failed to pay her share of the rent or had done something that had seen her expelled from the community and no place to go.

A more serious one, she may be on the run from something or someone.

Then, they find her. And our "smart arse" would not know he is in the papers, as yet another one who jumped naked from some floor. If he could speak, he would have said what had happened before his jump, but he can't.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you that they don't like to show up at the breakfast buffet in Oriental, Grand Hyatt et al with you as fat old ugly farang in tow!

however they like comfortable high end beds

as with Bayoke restaurant, for sure they don't like it as i also find it bloody lousy

Actually, that is not wrong but missess the point: they give a shit about the posh customers who may have landed there at their company's expense. Of course, they don't understand that (some company paying someone to travel).

They don't even understand the paid leave concept.

What they understand is - being taken away from the places where they feel comfortable at.

The same man staying at a 5* hotel, would make a bg fine if he did his deed in a ST hotel and disappear.

Actually, that is not wrong but missess the point: they give a shit about the posh customers who may have landed there at their company's expense. Of course, they don't understand that (some company paying someone to travel).

They don't even understand the paid leave concept.

What they understand is - being taken away from the places where they feel comfortable at.

The same man staying at a 5* hotel, would make a bg fine if he did his deed in a ST hotel and disappear.

some connect the place the guy stay with his wallet. So if he stay at a a luxury Penthouse or in the Oriental, they will ask for more money.

so you better shag your catch of the day in Crown 26 than in the Oriental!

some connect the place the guy stay with his wallet. So if he stay at a a luxury Penthouse or in the Oriental, they will ask for more money.

so you better shag your catch of the day in Crown 26 than in the Oriental!

Sorry mate, I think they don't understand that. Where they (bgs) come from you still have prices in 5, 8 12 bahts for a meal.

They have no idea, similar to westerners learning about someone spending 1 million dollars a month (as Michael Jackson used to spend).

more experienced BGs start after some 100 rides to assert their punter's wallet. His accommodation is one the factor and they certainly can tell you that there is a difference between the Oriental and Crown 26. Try to let a experienced BG rank a number of popular hotels and you will be surprised!

Another misconception: Thai bar girls love our luxury accommodation, the poshier it is, the higher they think of us.

I swear I red it at the Stick's site. About a guy who emailed saying he had a bar girl long time at his condo or hotel, she would not leave. He said, she was sharing a room with several girls and wanted to stay and enjoy the comfort of his place. He, smart arse, reduced her fee to half, to make up for his own cost.

How uninformed that could be.

BGs are out of place in whatever may be an environment out of their realm. The transaction OK, but dwelling on that is not what they like. Actually, they hate that. Even think that hot water is bad for their skin.

Anyone seen a farang bringing his catch of the night to the breakfast room at Hilton, Hyatt or whaterever? They (the girl) look more lost than found.

They would rather sit on a cement floor of their room, with their friends, drink lao khao, watch pirated DVDs and gossip.

Give them a voucher to take whoever they want to the Bayoke restaurant high up, with champagne and spectacular views, they would refuse. Or, rather, accept it but nothing happens after that.

In the situation from the email, a benign situation, she may have failed to pay her share of the rent or had done something that had seen her expelled from the community and no place to go.

A more serious one, she may be on the run from something or someone.

Then, they find her. And our "smart arse" would not know he is in the papers, as yet another one who jumped naked from some floor. If he could speak, he would have said what had happened before his jump, but he can't.

You'd be surprised to learn how quickly the girls learn to appreciate things like fancy hotels. The subtleties of good farang food...no, not the vast majority of them. But many do acquire a taste for "the good life," especially in areas such as learning the features and model numbers of expensive cellphones, and in some cases, even knowing what the phones can do, haha.

Also keep in mind that a big part of that "feeling lost" look in places like fancy hotel buffets is that they are afraid of--with damn good reason--being treated as utter shit, dumb country bumpkins by the Thai employees of said establishments.

And while all certainly do not assess a customer and how much they can get out of him by where he's staying, SOME most certainly do...they are shrewd and calculating in ways you'll never know until you learn Thai well enough to hear exactly what they talk about re: customers with their friends.

As for the guy on the Stickman site who says he cut what he was paying the girl in half because she was partaking of his swank hotel room and food, well, that guy's just an utter asshole, and--if the story is true, and remember that probably 70-80% of the stories you read on pussy forums are total bullshit fabrications--he must have found a girl with particularly low self-esteem if she actually put up with such a bullshit uppity demand from a customer.

we tried to explain that 99% of this cash is not declared to the tax man and this still was not believed as people in the UK think everything has got to declare everybit of cash to the taxman. :rotfl:

they never heard of cash-in-hand........... :spin:

SJ - not sure what part of the UK you're in mate, but in the places where I was - "cash-in-hand" was definately known of. I find it very hard to believe nobody in your city/town has heard of cash jobs.

Another misconception: Thai bar girls love our luxury accommodation, the poshier it is, the higher they think of us.<br style="color: rgb(74, 74, 74); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(254, 253, 237); "><br style="color: rgb(74, 74, 74); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(254, 253, 237); ">I swear I red it at the Stick's site. About a guy who emailed saying he had a bar girl long time at his condo or hotel, she would not leave. He said, she was sharing a room with several girls and wanted to stay and enjoy the comfort of his place. He, smart arse, reduced her fee to half, to make up for his own cost.

Just a cheap charlie mate. I think he claimed to pay her a total of 500 a day IIRC. Either he failed to mention the extra gold necklace he bought her before he went home, or he was just a tight twat.

Of course they prefer to hang out with their friends. Be it in a cheap flat, or drinking hole talking/gossiping. Why would they prefer to stay with someone they have nothing in common with and can't communicate with (even if the farang does talk thai, the topics of interest would be different) - other than for financial reasons? Yes, if a farang tells a BG they are staying somewhere flash (=expensive), they may feign an interest, only because logically they will think he will pay more. A girl will always have a better time with her true friends than with a stranger.

Quite simple really.

not sure what part of the UK you're in mate, but in the places where I was - "cash-in-hand" was definately known of. I find it very hard to believe nobody in your city/town has heard of cash jobs.[/size][/font][/color]

perhaps i should clarify the point.

the people who made these assumptions were the type who were experts on Thailand even though they had rarely travelled abroad,their comments were made after watching TV programmes about the place and believed all they saw as gospel.

my friends and i tried to explain certain things,but it was so hard at times.

they just wanted to believe that the Ladies would(and had to)declare any income to the taxman.

yes of course they know about cash-in-hand for little private jobs they might have done or knew people who had.

they just had the impression that the ladies business was regulated and tax paid.

also the misconception about EVERY woman in SEA is available for sex.

any woman who worked in any kind of shop was available at a price,and while many/some will supplement their income by going with men,it is definately wide of the mark to say EVERY woman will.

but i did get used to seeing a lady near my hotel each night normally after midnight who would ask men if their own if they wanted a BBBJ?.

i admit i let her perform a couple of times and she charged 100bt for the act.

bought her some food sometimes from the nearest 7-11 and we used to sit on the street and have a chat.

she had a job in a supermarket during the day but would go looking for extra cash at night.

on a good night she could earn 500/600bt a night and she was happy with that.

she never fucked anyone or went back to hotels,just stood in a quiet street.

but of course i only know what she told me.

and another story which goes around is that SEA is a haven for men looking for sex with underage females.

i have been accussed of just going to have sex with the young females(mostly in a joking fashion)but a couple of people were quite nasty about what they said.

of course we know the younger ones are available if you know where to look or have the right contacts but something i have absolutely interest in and would never even think about looking for it.

but some people just get a thought into their heads and just will not let go of it.

Archived