Misconceptions About Thailand

think_too_mut

Another misconception:

Of course they prefer to hang out with their friends. Be it in a cheap flat, or drinking hole talking/gossiping. Why would they prefer to stay with someone they have nothing in common with and can't communicate with (even if the farang does talk thai, the topics of interest would be different) - other than for financial reasons? Yes, if a farang tells a BG they are staying somewhere flash (=expensive), they may feign an interest, only because logically they will think he will pay more. A girl will always have a better time with her true friends than with a stranger.

Quite simple really.

It happened with more than one girl, that she wasn't interested in seeing BKK places outside their usual hangouts, eating-/shopping places.

My impression, many BG's feel absolutely most comfortable within their comfort zone and have no interest to venture outside their usual circle of daily life. Almost always when I gave a girl the choice what to do (when I stayed longer with her than one day) it was something like spending time with their friends in a place they know well. This can be fun of course, like when we went to one of those huge music halls with life music and food and where I was the only Farang that night. But it can cause some friction if I want to see other places in BKK.

In regard to hotels, going to them is part of their job description. I can't remember that any of the BGs commented on the hotel room I stayed in in the Suk area (3-4 star).

I guess, that of course they prefer a more comfortable room, but I IMHO its not that important for them. IMHO what they appreciate more, is when you create more comfortable atmosphere, like having some food in a place *they* recommend before returning to the hotel, e.g..

PS: what my last BG didn't enjoy at all at the Boutique hotel I stayed in, was that the bathroom was separated from the hotel room only by a glass wall. She always demanded that the shades are being put down...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly take freelancers back to the hotel, and they show no particular aversion to warm water or cold aircon and I havent met too many who feel the need to eat anything resembling breakfast when there is sleep to be had. In any case, I dont lie awake thinking about why the inert lump in the bed next to me hasnt gone home to her concrete floor and gossiping friends ........

I mostly take freelancers back to the hotel, and they show no particular aversion to warm water or cold aircon and I havent met too many who feel the need to eat anything resembling breakfast when there is sleep to be had. In any case, I dont lie awake thinking about why the inert lump in the bed next to me hasnt gone home to her concrete floor and gossiping friends ........

I guess your girls are different. cheerleader.gif

PS: I can't remember that a BG took a cold shower in my hotel room.

Yep - they dont ssem averse to turning on the 'H' tap and lounging around in there for 30 minutes plus. You enter to a haze of steam, mirror fogged up and the bathroom looking like you had 5 people over for the night rather than one. I've had girls help themselves to my toiletries (not the standard hotel throwaways) and I've even (gasp !) ignored the odd can of deodorant or whatever that gets slid in with the 7-Eleven tab the night before. It would be different if I had to live on 30k baht a month, but what would I be doing paying a girl for LT on that sort of money ? Stickman's cheapskate letter writer probably charges his 'dates' for using the toilet in his hotel room ......

Soap and toilet paper ? Amateur - what about the bathrobes and stationery ? Its funny until you contemplate the reality that they just jack up the tariff for everyone else who stays there. Someone has to pay for Paris Hilton's wardrobe, even if she doesnt spend a lot on panties.

Yep - they dont ssem averse to turning on the 'H' tap and lounging around in there for 30 minutes plus. You enter to a haze of steam, mirror fogged up and the bathroom looking like you had 5 people over for the night

i do like the battle of wills berween me and some ladies.

i like to have a shower with them and enjoy the foreplay of a good wash and touching all over but the temprature of the water is usually a fight between us.

i like it warmish(sometimes quite hot) and they like it cool and getting a balanced temp is hard to achieve sometimes.

a bath is normally a no-no,i prefer a shower but occasionally enjoy a soak in the bath and the look on a lot of ladies faces when i suggest we share one together can be a picture sometimes.

toiletries are a funny thing,i don't travel with anything like that,prefering to buy when i arrive and knowing the hotel will have what i need when i arrive.

i have no problem if any lady wants to take some with her for later use and i admit i have pocketed a few sachets and suchlike if i see an unattended cart outside a room.

i buy deodorant in the local shops and find that the ladies are quite happy to share it.

but i do get embarrassed sometimes in a supermarket and the lady i'm with opens sealed packets to have a sniff and then replaces it on the shelf if not liked.

i try and avoid the toothpaste section,i hate seeing my gal pick several up and taste them until they find one they like......... :nono::angryfire:

definately the time to walk away and pretend you don't know them... :closemouth:

Archived