New Hotel On Sukhumvit

Partyguy

back in November they were building a couple new hotels on Sukhumvit, they were in the Soi 13-15 area, one was the new Sofitel and i cant figure out what the other one was ? i believe is was beside the sofitel heading towards the lower sois, so closer to soi 13 ? it must be completed by now

on the topic, has anyone stayed at the sofitel ?

back in November they were building a couple new hotels on Sukhumvit, they were in the Soi 13-15 area, one was the new Sofitel and i cant figure out what the other one was ? i believe is was beside the sofitel heading towards the lower sois, so closer to soi 13 ? it must be completed by now

on the topic, has anyone stayed at the sofitel ?

I think it is not a hotel; former name was Regent Residences and now Hyde Sukhumvit!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1492994

Sofitel is pretty expensive; pricess from 4000 THB

another new one will open later this year at corner of Sukhumvit Soi 22: a Holiday Inn

I think it is not a hotel; former name was Regent Residences and now Hyde Sukhumvit!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1492994

Sofitel is pretty expensive; pricess from 4000 THB

another new one will open later this year at corner of Sukhumvit Soi 22: a Holiday Inn

I distinctly recall a sign posted in front of the old parking lot of the Ambassador that fronted on Sukhumvit announcing a new Sofitel. Although construction seemed to have begun, that was 18 months ago. A quick "google" hasn't brought up anothing new there for Sofitel. Maybe the owners changed brands? Maybe it isn't completed yet? It seemed like ages" for the JW Marriott to be completed. And there was no flood to possibly "complicate" matters.

HH

I distinctly recall a sign posted in front of the old parking lot of the Ambassador that fronted on Sukhumvit announcing a new Sofitel. Although construction seemed to have begun, that was 18 months ago. A quick "google" hasn't brought up anothing new there for Sofitel. Maybe the owners changed brands? Maybe it isn't completed yet? It seemed like ages" for the JW Marriott to be completed. And there was no flood to possibly "complicate" matters.

the OP was talking about TWO hotels, one the Sofitel and he was asking what the other was. Yes the Sofitel is open and rates are over 4000 THB as I mentioned!

According to Accors website there are two Sofitels in Bangkok, the Sofitel So Bangkok on Rama IV near the end of Sathorn Road and the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit between Sois 13 and 15.

There should have been a Sofitel in Bangkok a long time ago because the building on the Chao Praya that is now the Millenium Hilton Bangkok was meant to be a Sofitel but was never completed and remained that way for about 10 years until it opened as the Hilton in 2006. It's close to The Peninsula hotel, which I worked on in 1998, so I remember it well.

According to Accors website there are two Sofitels in Bangkok, the Sofitel So Bangkok on Rama IV near the end of Sathorn Road and the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit between Sois 13 and 15.

There should have been a Sofitel in Bangkok a long time ago because the building on the Chao Praya that is now the Millenium Hilton Bangkok was meant to be a Sofitel but was never completed and remained that way for about 10 years until it opened as the Hilton in 2006. It's close to The Peninsula hotel, which I worked on in 1998, so I remember it well.

There has been a Sofitel in Bangkok for many years (since 2001)at the Central Plaza Lat Phrao. I think was a Hyatt orginally, then run by Central's own hotel managment group for a while befor it was turned over to Accor to run.

TH

I heard work has stopped on that one. And there was a Sofitel on Suk 6 but now another chain. I still can't help but refer to it as the Sofitel. That was managed by a guy from the middle east and seemed to be the start of the, I know they have been here forever, big arab invasion of the Soi 4 area.

Cheers,

Mark

There has been a Sofitel in Bangkok for many years (since 2001)at the Central Plaza Lat Phrao. I think was a Hyatt orginally, then run by Central's own hotel managment group for a while befor it was turned over to Accor to run.

TH

The Hyatt Central Plaza Hotel opened in Lad Prao about 1987. Very nice hotel, but we all wondered why anyone would build a hotel out there in the sticks! There was almost nothing in that area at the time, just the well known Hor Wang School. No Central Department Store Lad Prao yet for years to come. I remember thinking the Central name was deceptive, since it was nowhere near the centre of Bangkok. Later there was a dispute with Hyatt and the owners ended the contract. I don't remember when Sofitel took it over, but it was about the time you say.   

Archived