Thailand Is Being Westernized!

think_too_mut

The most Western oriented was Thaksin and the tradition went after him. Expelled him from the country.

Now you have lost the plot TTM Thaksin was the most Xenophobic anti-farang PM I have ever had the misfortune to have lived under

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you have lost the plot TTM Thaksin was the most Xenophobic anti-farang PM I have ever had the misfortune to have lived under

maybe TTM means that Thaksin tried in the beginning to use western style management methods to run the country: PM and mayors as CEO, the OTOP project.

but then the outcome, his buying of influential politicans into his party, buying of votes, his power by cronies, nepotism and populist schemes to assure reelection by North and Northeast were so fundamentally opposite to that!

I agree with Mekong: Thaksin is very anti-farang; but so are the yellow shirts

wow. intense and humorless thread :chinaman::applause::biggrin:

Fairly typical for the OP.

Wow 8 times he's posted on this thread today! :shocked:

Seems to have a hard on about Japan and wants everyone to think that Thais love everything Japanese instead of anything "western". Got to say I really don't give a damn! :whatever:

However to suggest that 99% of Gobbles posts are without worth is going just a bit too far. :nono: 75% would have been a fairer assesment! :cover:

I suspect that he's been posting all this while flying his big plane too high up (these modern planes do fly themselves you know) and the lack of oxygen at high altitude has had a negative effect. :hmmm:

Still I don't think he's mentioned Stickman in the thread so far so perhaps that's one of the opposite effects of the oxygen starvation. :dunno:

Then when no one else was looking she lifted up her shirt and asked me if I wanted to play with them. I refused,

Khun Waerth ,

I think you represent the culture of a bygone era when educated gentlemen did not play with breasts of 15 year old comedy watchers . Although not polite as you were definitely invited I understand . Everybody loosing face as it looks .

Fairly typical for the OP.

Wow 8 times he's posted on this thread today! :shocked:

Seems to have a hard on about Japan and wants everyone to think that Thais love everything Japanese instead of anything "western". Got to say I really don't give a damn! :whatever:

However to suggest that 99% of Gobbles posts are without worth is going just a bit too far. :nono: 75% would have been a fairer assesment! :cover:

I suspect that he's been posting all this while flying his big plane too high up (these modern planes do fly themselves you know) and the lack of oxygen at high altitude has had a negative effect. :hmmm:

Still I don't think he's mentioned Stickman in the thread so far so perhaps that's one of the opposite effects of the oxygen starvation. :dunno:

Stalker, how is the excel spreadsheet about my posts going?

Making graphs? Pity you have nothing to say...

And that 99% of Gobbles posts are drivel is not negotiable. Only someone similar would take that down to 75% .

I think it is right obvious that thai is being westernized. If for no less of evidence of cell phone use. 100% a western creation. Now what house does not have one. I can name a ton more. I think your days at the Jap Emb give you some credibility but it all ended the day you left. I have been coming here for ten years, assigned here the last 3, and the changes are astounding in my view. Take again the advent of WiFi, Google, and FaceBook. 100% western. Cali USA tech. What lowly bar girl does not use them? Which one does not know the names?? That sir is a cultural shift that did not exist even five years ago.

I dont know what you consider "westernized" but having wifi and a face book account and using gMaps and search seem to define it to me.

Japan and Korea are about 5 years ahead of the West in mobile telephony and nobody would say that has westernized them an inch.

Internet, 1.6 Gigabits (while AOL, dial up only, still exists in America but not in Papua New Guinea) and nothing western in that: Koreans play 3D gambling over the net. Not westernized, furthermore emphasized very Asian passion for gambling.

Japan and Korea are about 5 years ahead of the West in mobile telephony and nobody would say that has westernized them an inch.

Internet, 1.6 Gigabits (while AOL, dial up only, still exists in America but not in Papua New Guinea) and nothing western in that: Koreans play 3D gambling over the net. Not westernized, furthermore emphasized very Asian passion for gambling.

they are just ahead re penetration of the technology (percent of people with 3G phone, density of 3G basestation, percent of housholds with internet based on ftth), but not the technology itself!

You obviously have not been there, to any of them, recently then.

they are just ahead re penetration of the technology (percent of people with 3G phone, density of 3G basestation, percent of housholds with internet based on ftth), but not the technology itself!

Samsung has just overtaken Nokia as No.1 mobile phones manufacturer.

Nokia barely existed in Japan, their sets are absolute incapable junk.

And, in Japan, make of the mobile is not even known. Not a fashion item. I have never known which phone model I have (although some tell me that, under the battery, it can be decoded to see if it is NEC, Sony, Samsung, Fujitsu or Toshiba). You can't even buy a handset independently, they always come with operators plan.

(Now you can buy iPhone and go to whatever operator you want)

Mobile phone is an item given by mobile operator to perform the functions they provide. For example, since 2003. there are mini TV series made for mobiles, the epizodes are 2-3 minutes. Nokia vould not know to pronounce that, let alone enable. Checkin at the airports with mobile as boarding pass is since 2003. too. Paying bu touching cass register pad with mobile also 10 years old. Vending machines accept mobile signal to spit a drink. Personal GPS 10 years.

Average spending per month is 75$, out of which only 5$ are for making calls. All over 5$ is for other functionalities that mobile can perform and the handset is made for the operator by their specification, hence the manufacturer is irrelevant.

Archived