Up-To-Date Floor Plan Of Nana Plaza And Sc

Nasiadai

Is there a new current site map, floor plan, layout drawing etc. from NEP?

I have researched the net and found some, but they are outdated.

For example here:

http://www.wickedtraveler.com/category/thailand/bangkok/bars/gogo_bars/sukhumvit/nana_entertainment_plaza/

and here:

http://nana-soi-cowboy-redlight-guide.weebly.com/nana-red-light-district.html

And Soi Cowboy? Soi Cowboy any new current site maps?

Are there some new?

Can somebody help?

and why would this be so important?

a bar name on a map says very little about what you can expect in a bar!

It was just a simple question, wasn't it? I remember studying the maps as well, before my first trip and at times when I got the BKK blues.

How about this map from SC?

http://www.soicowboy...et/location.php

Or here a map of SC from 2011 - on youtube chinaman.gif:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2xpPW9fD64

and why would this be so important?

a bar name on a map says very little about what you can expect in a bar!

Did he say it was very important? No.

Did he mention anything about wanting to know what to expect in any bar? No.

The guy just wants up to date maps of these areas, and why shouldn't he?

You obviously can't show him where he can find some, so why bother posting? :shakehead

Guys, do not argue. There is absolutely no reason.

I think Nana Plaza is about 30 years old now.

The first beer bars and gogos were founded at the beginning of the 80ties.

Right, Flashermac? You are an old hand Bangkokian.

I know NEP for more than 20 years.

When I first entered NEP some 20 years ago there was on the left side Swiss restaurant Matterhorn.

On the right side there was a travel agency.

At the beginning of the 90ties there have been many “black holes†on the groundfloor.

There were no bars or other businesses; wooden sheds instead.

The escalator on the right did not exist yet. There was only the stone stairs on the left.

On the first floor there have been some small bars like Hogs Breath, Spiders Web and others.

If I remember correctly the only bars which survived are DC-10 and Sexy Nights and the kathoey bar Casanova.

On the 2nd floor there was the Nana guest house (short time rooms) and an obscure massage parlor.

That was the situation at the beginning of the 90s.

About 10 years later – around the year 2000 - the Plaza had reached its final extension stage.

Rien ne va plus. Today the Plaza has about 30 gogo bars.

During the last 10 years there have been many changes:

new bar owners, new mama sans, new girls and new NAMES!

Slowly I lose the overview. That is the reason of my question.

An example:

On the left side; second floor; there was this wonderful large bar of the Hollywood Group “Carouselâ€.

This bar has changed owner and management and it is called Billboard. Right?

Let me continue. Some afterthoughts about Nana Plaza.

NEP is about 30 / 32 years old.

You can divide the history of NEP into two parts:

The first 15 years most of the bars were Thai owned and Thai managed.

The bars were small, shabby, run down a bit.

The prices were cheap: beverages and lady drinks, for barfines and for the girls.

The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, unburdened and easy-going, happy go-lucky.

And there were the girls with their bewitching attitudes that changed these seedy bars into a forecourt of Paradise.

In the mid-90s professional investors began to capture the plaza. Hollywood-Group, Rainbow-Group, Crown-Group (?) and others invested a lot of money. They wanted to change their bars into profit-centers. The prices went up - the last 7 or 6 years prices went through the roof.

The bar management got more professional, many of the girls got more professionalized and money oriented.

For many of the sanuk seeking guys from the western world Nana Plaza is very expensive now, for many of them too expensive.

No no, I don't want invoke “the good old days when everything was better†than today.

But times they are a-changing.

Yes, times are changing, but in this case, not for the better, but definitely for the worse.

Spot on! In the 1980s Nana and Cowboy were the expats' areas, since they were much cheaper than Patpong and the BGs lacked the aggressive "youbuymecola" attitude. Those groups you mentioned drove the expats away from NEP with their overnight 50% increase in drink prices. When expats complained, they were told (in a LOUD VOICE), "Do you know how much you'd have to pay in London or New York?" Well, what did that have to do with prices in SE Asia? If people wanted to pay western prices, they'd have stayed where they were. :(

Archived