Stupid....lucky...or Both?

Dumsoda

Where did this happen ?

This week (Tuesday) I was in Bkk for a night.

Had been recovering from a surgical procedure "Beach side" for a week and had to re visit my Doctor at Suriraj

Stopped by to visit my (not so) old friend the Black Tiger.....and partook of a couple of liquid refreshments.

Then off to visit my ex at her Bar........

We had a great (Platonic) time.....and at some ungodly hour of the morning....I staggered off into the night

Dunno where....dunno when.....but at some stage of my staggering back to my Hotel.....I was accosted on the street....

I felt the hand extracting my wallet from the back pocket of my jeans.....

I grabbed the left hand....with my right....and launched my best shot straight left.....full force from the hip.....BANG

Still have the scar on my middle finger from the hit....lol

My estimate is a broken nose and a couple of very loose front teeth

Still had trouble recovering my wallet....... pinned "it" to a wall......and said....give it back or you die.....

I got it back.....

It wasn't big money....maybe only 15k.....but cards that are a pain in the arse to replace....

Didn't even think about it at the time....but probably lucky I didn't get stabbed

First time in 25 years of visiting Bkk this has ever happened to me

Hope it's the last

Be careful out there....and keep your wallet in a front pocket.....with your hand on it

Cheers DS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clue is in the original post

He went to ex's bar

Good work Sherlock lol :wave::beer::wave:

I know I made it from Soi 22 to Sukhumvit safely

100% "Somewhere" on Suk between 22 & Soi 8....but still not sure which side of the road.... and my best guess is somewhere between 4 & 5 am

Cheers DS

Good work Sherlock lol :wave::beer::wave:

I know I made it from Soi 22 to Sukhumvit safely

100% "Somewhere" on Suk between 22 & Soi 8....but still not sure which side of the road.... and my best guess is somewhere between 4 & 5 am

Cheers DS

DS,

I know your ex's bar and also know where "Black Tiger" lives but I was not going to say where :close mouth:

Knowing you it probably happened on the "Odd Numbered" side of Sukhumvit, you left Soi 22 and crossed over, you couldn't resist the lure of the road side bars on your walk home.

Trust me I have done the same.

Kong,

I know you know.....555

Yeah, thinking about it.....you're prolly spot on about the location mate.

...Birds of a feather....and all that

Anyway....all's well that ends well. At least I still only had the Hospital cut when I got back to the Hotel.

Cheers DS / DC

Kong,

it was only Thai Cards, but included my Driving License, my Siriraj Hospital Cards and my K Bank Cards

I know from last time I lost my License, it's a pain in the butt to get a replacement. Had to drive 200kms to Korat Immi to get Certificate of Residence before I could get a new license.

Ahh well....all's well that ends well......

It was all Miss P's fault for getting me hammered....LOL

Cheers DS

Damaged middle finger? Ouch! That's the one I use a lot to....

Oh, never mind, but I hope they didnt have to put a plastercast on it, she wouldn't like that one bit.

Pleased the damage was limited and you survived.

Remind me not to bump into you in a dark alley late at night.

Mate,

I had just been at the "Beach" for a week recovering from the op.....so was very mellow.

A year and a half on ....and all is finally coming together.

Only reason I was in Bkk overnight was an 8.30 am Doctors appt. NO diversions....just a few drinks

Back in a few weeks.....surprise surprise!! We must catch up for that New Years Beer

Cheers DS

Archived