Swampy Outgoing Thai Immi Kudos...

Lew_Ashby

Sorry to interrupt and go back to the original poster's info - that both immigration queues inbound and outbound have significantly improved since the miserable service of a few months ago.

But just adding "snake lines" wasn't the only answer - seems that payments for "overtime" have been forced from the airlines in a larger amounts and this allowed for many more officers to be on duty at any given time.

And no - moving the domestic flights out of BKK airport would have no affect on the queue line lengths for immigration! Who came up with that one?

Maybe they should provide rows of seats for passengers waiting for passport checks on the way in.I hate that long wait ( last time it seemed like hours but was probably c.35 mins ) :confused: Lets hope it carries on improving.

Maybe they should provide rows of seats for passengers waiting for passport checks on the way in.I hate that long wait ( last time it seemed like hours but was probably c.35 mins ) :confused: Lets hope it carries on improving.

i do get frustrated with many airports worldwide with maybe 10 check-in desks and only 2 open.

and you can guarantee i will get in the smallest queue and find the official is the slowest person on the planet in dealing with passengers and therefore wait longer.

but many passengers are the problem............

some have no idea of the procedure and i have often seen passengers holding up queues because they don't even have their passport in their hand to present it to the official and have to search their luggage to find it.... :shakehead

and then you get the idiots who do not have their boarding cards ready for inspection when awaiting to get on a flight. :banghead:

Hi,

Accepted, in this thread he's been fairly okay. The comment was meant more generally and he does seem to delight in trying to piss people off.

Sanuk!

Personally, I hadnt noticed. HT has been extremely supportive of my attempts to exceed Flasher's post count .....

Hi,

Accepted, in this thread he's been fairly okay. The comment was meant more generally and he does seem to delight in trying to piss people off.

Sanuk!

thanks to KS for bringing this to my attention and thanks to Mekong for his attempts in vain to defend me!

Actually I fully admit that I am a diehard scandalmonger and I can not wait to give sarcastic comments about this and that and sneering at everybody!

That was also the main reason that I was twice fired from good jobs during my career, as my boss just could not stand it anymore. It hadn't to do anything with my performance, as both times i got better jobs (also regarding remuneration) and looking back I was much obliged to my former boss for firing me. But now I am over 50 and can't change my habits and I somehow have the feeling that my current bosses could not stand me either until I reach an acceptable retirement age. So I might probably end up in sending you guys some Nigerian letter or you could find me as Welcome-boy in front of some dingy gogo's

the other issue might be that I am communicating on this board in a foreign language. So I simply do not have the linguistic sensitivity like other honorable board members from UK, USA etc. to realize when my wording is scratching at the boundries of good taste!

anyway sorry to the OP and recommendation to all, who can't stand sarcasm: click on the ignore HT button

Back to the subject of this thread. I flew out of Suvarnabhumi on 11th April and found the experience quite positive and quick. I returned on April 23rd, and from touchdown to through the other side of customs was less than 30 minutes! Only 2 other people in the queue before me. Well done Thai Immigration!

Archived