Swampy Outgoing Thai Immi Kudos...

Lew_Ashby

Since I believe in giving credit where it is due, I have to say this.

I fly out of Swampy at least once a month, usually more than that.

Given my experience at 2300 last night the outgoing immigration has been 1,000% improved. They have a set up like Narita or Hong Kong now, with a "snakey" line going to a "director" at the head who sends you to a kiosk and ensures that each line in front of the immi officer is relative equal. It seemed to me (just an educated observation, tho' the cameras are still there) that they have done away with the exit photo.

The Thai lanes were 90% electronic (about time since Thai passports are 100% electronic for 5 years now!) with a handler (non-immi officer, at least by uniform) to assist as needed. Of course, this now means you can't use the same lane as your wife any more. But no big deal really IME so far.

The customs/security was long, but now with the same type of "snakey" line. It was, at my departure, stacking up at the back of the immi booths. So look for a change there as no one was happy about that. But it was very quick. No one asked me to remove my belt. this time (an accident or new policy unknown).

Literally, the whole immi/customs process took but 10 minutes. Perfectly acceptable. Well done Thais.

Was it the departure time that helped? I dunno as it was odd for me and my intra-Asia travel, but the airport was buzzing with folks, so I think not. It seems to me that most OZ/ME/EU flights leave around midnight, so not. I'm not afraid to be corrected tho'.

On the down side, I guess that the Thai's have decided that 1st and Biz pax do not take taxis. This is my fifth or so trip that I find the street crossing from the taxi drop to the terminal closed to departure door #1 (1st, biz, Plat/Gold cards) and you have to go to door #2 and U-turn back. Not a big deal, but seeing as they treat 1st class, I'll have some fun next trip. I'm doing 1st to DEL then to points beyond in equally obscure airport lingo. TG have a total butler service for 1st in that they carry your bag from the car to check in and VIP immi/customs then golfcart you to/fro the lounge then gate and reverse upon arrival (it'll be interesting for me in DEL given their task 555555). I'll playfully (as I could give a fuck) pitch a bitch about taking a taxi and having to strain myself to go to door #2 just to get the guy to carry my bags to door #1 and my check-in. It should be fun LOL!

OK, seriously, the above was also true, but in jest.

THE MORAL IS: Much appreciated is the new outbound procedures I think they'll solve a lot of problems. Good job Thai Immi! Thank you. Finally (can't leave with a out a dig at your slow take-up LOL).

Now about that thing expats in HKG & Japan et al have: the special lane for year long visa holders, PRs and the like? DO! PLEASE?????

Cheers,

Lew & Daisy

the snake line for immigration has been discussed in this forum.

and the door from the taxi drop to gate 1 is closed for around 2 months already. I have already complained to TG, but they say that it's the airport authority that is responsible for that. Of course this is total nonsense! just keep on bitching and complaining and they will soon open it.

Yes, of course HT, re: the doors 1 & 2.

I obviously do not look or write here much. You do much more than I -- you already know this. I just thought that the other info, which is much more current, would be useful. Given I travel each week and have never seen the immi and customs (at same time) snake lines until today, I thought that interesting. Maybe it now is truly policy. Or not. YMMV. I could give a fuck as I am not getting anything out of this. Use the info as you will.

But can you not be positive at all?

Otherwise, don't bust my balls and MAYBE someday I'll tell y'all something you NEED to know. As I did before I went away from here. I found telling people simple shit became too freakin' difficult to be arsed to do.

Still the same it seems.

Sorry <requestor> can't say I'll be hanging out here, even tho' you asked me to....

Hi,

"But can you not be positive at all?"

Some people seem incapable of that and delight in pissing people off. Most likely HT is one such person. I suggest utterly ignoring him.

Sanuk!

KS

That was a little harsh on HT, as he rightly said he was merely pointing out the fact that the "Snake Lines" for immigration have been in operation at Suvanibhumi for over 2 months now which he did indeed post about back then. The only difference being the "Electronic Immigration" for Thai passport holders which probably affects less than 0.01% of BM's of this forum. I did not find his reply to be against the OP.

It seems strange that the OP who flies out of Suvanibhumi at least once a month has decided to post about it now, is the OP exaggerating the frequency of his trips?

I know HT can come across as a little caustic some of the time, but he ain't the only BM to do so, damn HT and I have slight digs and snipes at each other on a daily basis but we keep it civil hence the reason I find myself in the unusual position of defending HT on this thread.

JMHO

Archived