Friday Meetings All Done Now?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I've been there. If I have, it's been ages. I may make it, if I don't melt before then. The effing power went out a couple of hours ago, probably from everyone running their a/c. Of course, they didn't bother to them it off, so as soon as the power came back on it was overloaded almost immediately. I was treated to an on-off series of blackouts for over an hour. At times like that, I remember that Thailand reallly is in the third world. :(

At times like that, I remember that Thailand reallly is in the third world. :(

No it ain't mate. 2nd world IMHO. I am in Conakry, Guinea, West Africa in a Novotel now for 8 weeks. No aircon - due to power shortages - and can't open the windows - due to mossies. Sweating like a stuck pig at night. At night the whole town centre is blacked out. Takes all the balls I have to go for a chocolate run to the local "corner store". But it takes a lot to get between me and chocolate. ;-)

Missing Thailand you lucky bastards,

Mark

bar8 (assuming soi 8) is not a bad place & only a short stroll from the MRT/BTS sukumvit/asoke (through the cool terminal 21 etc) ;)

have a cold one from me :beer:

alternatively i would suggest a place down silum/patpong :p

What about Bar4? Good start off point, I believe there is some decent food/burgers or whatnot, AC as well, near Nana for a beer or two after before a slow bar crawl down to Cowboy? Good host/owner (Mark - long time board member too), good beer, large venue I hear, some sexy ladies around and about? Never been, but would like to go with a few guys some Friday I am down that way. Haven't been on soi 4 in ages. Maybe see when Mark will be back from the 3rd world and we can all meet him there some Friday? :beer:

What about Bar4? Good start off point, I believe there is some decent food/burgers or whatnot, AC as well, near Nana for a beer or two after before a slow bar crawl down to Cowboy? Good host/owner (Mark - long time board member too), good beer, large venue I hear, some sexy ladies around and about? Never been, but would like to go with a few guys some Friday I am down that way. Haven't been on soi 4 in ages. Maybe see when Mark will be back from the 3rd world and we can all meet him there some Friday? :beer:

Mark,

Do you have a web page for your place? URL please?

Cent

Not sure if I've been there. If I have, it's been ages. I may make it, if I don't melt before then. The effing power went out a couple of hours ago, probably from everyone running their a/c. Of course, they didn't bother to them it off, so as soon as the power came back on it was overloaded almost immediately. I was treated to an on-off series of blackouts for over an hour. At times like that, I remember that Thailand reallly is in the third world. :(

Sounds like me in Lao, every time there's a storm, TV and then Power go. Fortunately they've got someone sitting on the reset switch, as it rarely lasts more than 5 minutes, but will often go on and off 10 times.

Soi 8 Pub (kiwi owner?) is a good place for meetings IMHO it's about 50 paces from the Nana Skytrain station. Also 50 paces from my fave hotel. As to making the meetings, I'm superglued to a certain someone at the moment so I'll beg off attendance for the interim.

Archived