Friday Meetings All Done Now?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But...somehow...I seem to recall them doing burgers and stuff...maybe not a full on Restaurant.... but...Hey....this is LOS....If that's the case I'm sure Mark's guys could get take out from nearby for the starving masses.

Thanks DS. No we don't do food inhouse but have the menu from Charlie's Kitchen and Chequers who will bring it over.

I started doing burgers and they were damned good - DDDave will verify - but it needs a farang to cook them properly or a good Thai cook. I put it in the too hard basket. I used to have fun cooking them. Might have a burger night when I get back.

Cheers,

Mark

Soi 8 Pub (kiwi owner?) is a good place for meetings IMHO it's about 50 paces from the Nana Skytrain station. Also 50 paces from my fave hotel. As to making the meetings, I'm superglued to a certain someone at the moment so I'll beg off attendance for the interim.

Last time I was there it was being run by Mick, the mad Irishman who used to be the deputy manager of Mollies when Mark ran the place, I think the Kiwi you mentioned is Tim who ironically now happens to run Mollies (Honestly I don't spend all my time in bars)

So, who is up for it, Soi 8 Bar friday evening?

If 2-3 people show interest I will swing by, it's been a while

Last time I was there it was being run by Mick, the mad Irishman who used to be the deputy manager of Mollies when Mark ran the place, I think the Kiwi you mentioned is Tim who ironically now happens to run Mollies (Honestly I don't spend all my time in bars)

So, who is up for it, Soi 8 Bar friday evening?

If 2-3 people show interest I will swing by, it's been a while

Nope - the Kiwi who used to own it is Dave. He sold it to a large group who also own the Australian in Soi 11 and some others. They used to own Hanrahans as well and the Irish one near Emporium - forget the name just now. On the corners where the Bulls Head used to be. Anyway they split up the group a bit and the bar ownership.

Mick works for the group and you are right - he is a mad Irishman and a good bloke. Often comes into my place on his day off.

BTW - Dave now owns No Idea down on Soi 22.

Cheers,

Mark

Archived