Buying Off The Net In Thailand ....

gobbledonk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to use HT as a human shield. :evilpumpkin:

Seriously, do they actively target foreigners in the South, or is it just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time' if something nasty happens ? The other thing about a black market is that it seems to be fine for the locals, but I would stick out like dogs testicles for the boys in brown looking to earn a little extra on the side. Perhaps I could use HT as a distraction while I make my escape, Bond-style ....

Hat Yai, sheer bad luck if you get hit there. Westerners are in principle not on the target list. All of Hat Yai is a black market, you won't stick out.

What are you actually planning to purchase? I ordered small stuff from ebay and t was no issue.

I plan to use HT as a human shield. :evilpumpkin:

Seriously, do they actively target foreigners in the South, or is it just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time' if something nasty happens ? The other thing about a black market is that it seems to be fine for the locals, but I would stick out like dogs testicles for the boys in brown looking to earn a little extra on the side. Perhaps I could use HT as a distraction while I make my escape, Bond-style ....

I am slim! you will get hit from behind anyway!

they think all farang are from USA! they can't distinguish your Aussie english from American! bad luck for your!

I am slim! you will get hit from behind anyway!

they think all farang are from USA! they can't distinguish your Aussie english from American! bad luck for your!

Last time I checked. there were still Australian troops in Afghanistan and we have 5000 US Marines in the NT. If there are pissed off Muslims out there, I expect that they are plenty pissed off with Australia.

Last time I checked. there were still Australian troops in Afghanistan and we have 5000 US Marines in the NT. If there are pissed off Muslims out there, I expect that they are plenty pissed off with Australia.

forget it! nobody of those muslims know that the Australians participate as well! US is the enemy!

Hat Yai, sheer bad luck if you get hit there. Westerners are in principle not on the target list. All of Hat Yai is a black market, you won't stick out.

What are you actually planning to purchase? I ordered small stuff from ebay and t was no issue.

Mainly hi-fi - some of it from ebay but most direct from manufacturers like this:

http://www.sjofnhifi.com/

Archived