New Night Market

Horneytorney

There are 2 on New Petchaburi road. Jast past the Sukhumvit 71/Ramkhamheang intersection with Petchaburi. Heading in the out of town direction. On the left there is Tawan Deang and on the left Tawan Deang Isaan. There should be one in the Don Meuang area near Wat Don Meuang somewhere and one in Bang Bua Thong. I played in the last 2 locations and used to frequent the 2 on Petchaburi in the early 2000's.

Almost every provincial capital has a place called Tawan Deang or something like that. It is a very generic name used for many places. Not even a chain.

I am sure that Gobbie was referring to the Tawan Daeng German brew house Chain and not just the Generic "Red Sun" name used for other bars.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you've got till April, 2014 to pack your bags, Kamui ! :neener:

Given that I plan to leave Asia feet first before the age of 60, I guess it doesnt have to be a permanent departure. Every cloud has a silver (casket) lining, I guess.

Luckily I could constrain my losses in LOS to two teddy bears (German production, plus shipping costs), 100 € and 3.000 THB to a temple I have never heard of. chinaman.gif

How about you? soapbox.gif

I am sure that Gobbie was referring to the Tawan Daeng German brew house Chain and not just the Generic "Red Sun" name used for other bars.

The setup of the other places is similar. The other places existed way before the German Brew House thing. The difference is the brewhouse. Setup is similar in all places. Live bands, food and beer.

There is also a chain called Holland Beerhouse.

There is also a chain called Holland Beerhouse.

I only know the one on Phra Ram II Bangkhuntian, never realised it was part of a chain. Go there once a year when my Dutch mate and his Thai wife are over here for 4 months of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

yup holland beer co ltd have branches even in nonthaburi, but im not sure how tasty their brews are (german brewery is excellent).

perhaps best with a poll on white elephant night bazaars vs. brew pubs success rate?

p.s. NO the 'amsterdam' building on the rama 9/rachada intersection is NOT a brevery or associated with holland beer in any way :p

p.s. NO the 'amsterdam' building on the rama 9/rachada intersection is NOT a brevery or associated with holland beer in any way :p

I crossed this intersection 3-4 years every day (it is quite a while) but I have never seen anybody actually going into this MP. entrance is too exposed towards the main road! surprised they are still around

well HT I have it on reliable records that the AMS MP is never lacking customers and the preferred mode of arrival is by 4 wheeler (via the back entrances).

enjoy your peeking from afar :neener:

the last time I checked the back entrance (of this MP!) was 15 years ago and it was "mai rap farang" back then! I think the name back then was Champs Elysee!?

Archived