Three Die In 69-Storey Plunge

Flashermac

Yes, My first thoughts were why no safety harness..

Alot of the job sites we go to the iron workers have to rig for anything 6' or higher..

One time I was at a shipp building yard. Was trying to remove part of my trailer. The crane was holding the trailer. I was on the main deck hammering the pins out and the safety man shut me down.

I'm like huh?

You are on a suspened load. You can not do that. I was 2' off the ground.. No bigge to me, but goverment job and anal safety people.

Sorry to read about the workers deaths.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, My first thoughts were why no safety harness..

Alot of the job sites we go to the iron workers have to rig for anything 6' or higher..

One time I was at a shipp building yard. Was trying to remove part of my trailer. The crane was holding the trailer. I was on the main deck hammering the pins out and the safety man shut me down.

I'm like huh?

You are on a suspened load. You can not do that. I was 2' off the ground.. No bigge to me, but goverment job and anal safety people.

Sorry to read about the workers deaths.

PT,

Considering some of the loads you shift I am surprised that a lifting plan is not in place at your point of offloading.

Hi,

Short clip of one of the survivors looking pretty shaken up as you might imagine.

His comment on why they were not wearing safety harnesses is interesting: "Because there is never a problem"

Wonder if this will change anything. I hope it does, but somehow, I doubt it.

Sanuk!

Yes, When I go to unload or load with cranes we have a lift plan and safety meeting..

The next piece I'm unloading Wens. here in the states is a 2 crane pick..

I get to back in between them... Joy oh joy.

What I stated about before was I was on my trailer deck. and trying to hammer out to 6" pins that was attached to a deck extenion that was on blocks.

When we do the big lifts it's nice to have the lift plans and safety meetings..

Was offloading at a place in Kansas once and one of the outrigger pads was sitting on top of a split section of concrete and ashpalt.

Said guys that's not going to work. Oh yea it will no problem.

Well they started the lift and the outrigger started to sink with the load on the hook...

You should see how fast an old fat man like me can run..

Thank goodness they heard me yelling stop and the alarms were sounding in the crane..

Archived