Single Re-Entry Or Multiple

gawguy

Also you can only apply for your marriage 1 year visa extension 1 month at the end of the visa, which is why he did this.

New rules per diam.

It is actually extension to stay for 12 months, sorry for nitpicking.

You are correct in what you say that a foreigner has to get his original Non Imm-OM from overseas then has to wait 60 days until he can apply for extension to stay, unbelievable.

Scenario A) a Farang who has 400,000 Baht in Bank is offered 12 months extension to stay.

Scenario B) a Farang who has managed to get a few weeks overseas work before 60 days paying him >400,000 Baht / Month has to re-apply for his visa.

If I had allowed Thai immigration's stupid rulings to affect me I would have been sectioned years ago.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...You are correct in what you say that a foreigner has to get his original Non Imm-OM from overseas then has to wait 60 days until he can apply for extension to stay, unbelievable.

On TV there are reports that you can convert a tourist visa or visa exemption entry into a Non-Imm “O†at immigration and then get the extension based on marriage or retirement. No need to get the Non-Imm “O†outside Thailand.

These discussion on visas, extensions, re-entry permits, permission to stay stamps, and 90 day address report are always difficult as people tend to mix up the terms which makes figuring out what they are actually saying challenging at times. The post before yours is a classic example.

TH

<< You are confusing the 90 day report with the annual extension renewal. >>

All I know is the university told us they could no longer do it for us. Since then, we've had to go ourselves. :dunno:

All I know is my 90 day report was done last Wednesday and I never left my desk. Passport and signed form (HR filed it out) gone at 9:00, returned at 4:00.

TH

Archived