Thaivisa ...

gobbledonk

Fuck it - in around 20 years on the net I have never encountered a captcha as fucked up as the one being used by ThaiVisa. If their admin was here now, I would gleefully garotte the fucker.

AAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it really have to be this hard, pig fucking sons of goatherders ?

Hi,

"A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person."

See Wiki page

Sanuk!

Or in other words, you'll see some scrambled letters you are forced to type into a field. Unfortunately for people without a strong imagination (or after a few beers) it can be impossible to decipher the letters.

If I understand Gobble's post, he has been drinking for 20 years and now has some problems and is thinking about attacking a Thaivisa admin with a carrot. drunk.gif

Or in other words, you'll see some scrambled letters you are forced to type into a field. Unfortunately for people without a strong imagination (or after a few beers) it can be impossible to decipher the letters.

If I understand Gobble's post, he has been drinking for 20 years and now has some problems and is thinking about attacking a Thaivisa admin with a carrot. drunk.gif

After the company I worked for here in Bangkok folded not so long ago I have been looking for a new job. As I am a programmer I ran into a guy who where doing search optimizing. The main approach to achieve good ratings on Google was to automate the process of posting literally millions of messages on forums containing links for his clients. He had algorithms that would decipher most popular captcha libraries. It's most likely guys like him that make ThaiVisa use these intricate captchas (haven't seen them myself though).

It is a whole industry out there doing this stuff with ironically their own forums (like blackhatworld), commercial spamming programs etc. Messed up really. Forums get screwed up, Google ratings get distorted and the public have to live with issues like captchas. Not to mention all the bandwidth and man hours wasted by spammers and the guys working on counter measures.

I still dont have a job, but I really hope I don't fall so deep I need to work in such an industry...

Paillote

Fuck it - in around 20 years on the net I have never encountered a captcha as fucked up as the one being used by ThaiVisa. If their admin was here now, I would gleefully garotte the fucker.

AAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it really have to be this hard, pig fucking sons of goatherders ?

Then you definitely don't want to try to join the 2Bangkok.com forum...not only do they subject you to truly unreadable captchas, but they also direct you to mouse over an image on their home page and then write down the nth letter of the nth word in the text that comes up...I know I did it right but it still insisted I was wrong and would not let me sign up. I finally just wrote to the admin to sign me up manually...I can't have been the first person to have to resort to that. And my eyesight is still pretty good, haha...

Have you ever tried the audio links - it's freaking weird, like traffic noise with some zombie woman saying random words in a low tone every 5 or 6 seconds. I wasn't sure what to write, eg, 'ambient noise - popcorn - traffic noise - steeple.' Bah.

Anyway, try and register a new logon here. Or gmail. They're all getting very difficult, not just TV.

Hopefully this isn't a case of a pissed off BM being passive-aggressive with the whole register at TV thing (eg, fuck it, i'm going over to ThaiVisa). If that's the case you'd be missed GD.

Archived