At A Cross Roads

Well I'm just kinda venting here. So here it goes.

I made a big mistake with the line of work I do.

Damaged a machine I was hauling. There were issues with the piece prior that I noted.

Any how the company I had been contracted to for the last 10 years canceled my contract.

So here's the rub. I've been doing this line of work for the last 22 years.. with only 3 companies in that time frame.

I'm 52 years old and have been kinda getting burnt out on it lately.

So do I look for another company to contract with, go on my own and just make my own contacts for hauling work or just sell out and start new new career at my age?

My wife bless her little thai heart is holding strong and is with me on my work.

Thanks guys. Just venting and asking

Hi,

I'm afraid I have no experience at all with your line of business, but with regards to starting a new career maybe start by asking yourself if you enjoy the kind of work you are doing now? If you do, maybe best to stick with it?

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

Sanuk!

That's very unfortunate.

Probably tough for anyone to start a new career in their 50's unless they've got some special skill unrelated to their current career.

Sounds like you should start looking for another company to contract with and start making your own contacts at the same time and see which one gets you a result? Both hopefully and then you can choose. :dunno:

Anyway I hope you get it sorted. :up:

I mirror KS and Munchie's posts.

I am 52

I was in a really good job at the age of 50

Now I am in Laos

But for the fact you seem to have a loving wife, I'd say, sell up and come to a part of the world that is sufficiently relaxed, that you can retire and live some life instead of working.

It may be that you wife could not make the change. However, we live in a global world now, and wherever you are, there is another country where you'd be relaxed and appreciated.

BTW, my solution may not be for everyone.

Good luck and don't be afraid to change things.

Coss

Well today is a new day.

My wife and I have done a lot talking today. What I'm allready done is listed my big heavy haul trl for sale. Not a fire sale though. Will down size my setup.

Less headaches with a smaller unit.

A friend of mine called me today, asked me how I was doing. Said ok. Then he goes you looking for a job?

Well yea kinda. I said did you hear?

Yep.He said call my boss. He wants to talk with you. I asked does he know the deal what happened. Yep.

So I did, good talk and we will talk more tomorrow..

Plus made some searches on the net about things.

The line of work I do used to be fun and a money maker, but things have gotten so cut throat lately, it has been hard to make a good living.

MY wife has stood by me with this isuue and also works with me. She was with me when my deal went south...

Good Thai. lady..

So thanks guys. Will keep posting.

Well today is a new day.

My wife and I have done a lot talking today. What I'm allready done is listed my big heavy haul trl for sale. Not a fire sale though. Will down size my setup.

A friend of mine called me today, asked me how I was doing. Said ok. Then he goes you looking for a job?

Yep.He said call my boss. He wants to talk with you. I asked does he know the deal what happened. Yep.

The line of work I do used to be fun and a money maker, but things have gotten so cut throat lately, it has been hard to make a good living.

MY wife has stood by me with this isuue and also works with me. She was with me when my deal went south...

Good Thai. lady..

All the best and hang in there.

maybe a good time to change, I hope so, don't put all your penny's in the first good idea, start off slow, see what good ideas the wife has, maybe silly but who knows.

Well today is a new day.

Good Thai. lady..

good luck, situations like these often create new opportunities !

stay in the US specially as you have your Thai wife with you......

BB

Well I'm just kinda venting here. So here it goes.

I made a big mistake with the line of work I do.

Damaged a machine I was hauling. There were issues with the piece prior that I noted.

Any how the company I had been contracted to for the last 10 years canceled my contract.

So here's the rub. I've been doing this line of work for the last 22 years.. with only 3 companies in that time frame.

I'm 52 years old and have been kinda getting burnt out on it lately.

So do I look for another company to contract with, go on my own and just make my own contacts for hauling work or just sell out and start new new career at my age?

My wife bless her little thai heart is holding strong and is with me on my work.

Thanks guys. Just venting and asking

There is a clip on the net, maybe some of you have seen it, its a cartoon with the kiwi bird in it.

Well some or all will know a kiwi cant fly, but this one wanted to.

So in the clip, the kiwi nails all these pine trees or something like that up the side of the cliff. The kiwi then jumps off the cliff down past all the tree tops, which gives the allusion he is flying

At the end of the clip a caption comes up, is this the end, then another one which is apt flashes, or just the beggining.

go snatch the pebble grasshopper

Archived