Combating Hardship In Rural Thailand

baa99

Thanks for that. Mechai has always been a gem. :applause:

BTW Mechai's father was the one who is supposed to have recognized the future Princess Mother's ability and recommended she be sent to the USA to study nursing. She did - and that was where she met HRH Prince Mahidol. They married and were the parents of King Bhumibol. The Princess Mum was an orphan and had been raised in a temple in Thonburi!

As to being half Scottish, his parents met when both were studying at the University of Edinburgh. Mechai's sister, Sumalee, had red hair and freckles when she was younger. :)

Thanks for that. Mechai has always been a gem. :applause:

BTW Mechai's father was the one who is supposed to have recognized the future Princess Mother's ability and recommended she be sent to the USA to study nursing. She did - and that was where she met HRH Prince Mahidol. They married and were the parents of King Bhumibol. The Princess Mum was an orphan and had been raised in a temple in Thonburi!

As to being half Scottish, his parents met when both were studying at the University of Edinburgh. Mechai's sister, Sumalee, had red hair and freckles when she was younger. :)

He's been not as recognized as widely for somethings, over recognized for others.

For example, micro credit he's been doing as long as many more famous international people, he also only invest in "Women" run banks, as he doesn't let men run the banks. (So much for the theme seen often here that women gamble too much) he feels the rural women are better custodians of funds.

After the Tsunami he was cautious not to over over invest in a number of communities, I went to one community with his team that refused funding, which he agreed with, they had been over funded.

Wile he's known as the Condom king, that's only a fraction of his real work.

By the way, ask for a "Condom Salad" when your at "Cabbages and Condoms", it's a dish he invented, I love it, but the staff complained so much about it they it's been taken off the menu, however they still make it, and I think it's great.

He also believes in sponsorship from non- regular sponsorship companies, read between the lines if you will, you don't see that often, for poor communities, nor do I see that written about, but his theory as he told me, "If no one else will give me money I'll take it from them"

I can't blame him. If times are tough, take it from where you can.

Interesting man, I like him, hard to work for, but then like are successful driven men, he works for a vision, if you don't share it, then it would be hard. His staff I found over protective at times.

Just FYI for future reference. It took me a few minutes to figure out what's going on here. This is something for everyone (at least I wasn't aware of this prior). If you embed a video make sure you're not linking a youtube playlist. Unless you want to show a mystery video that will change as the playlist does. :)

Archived