Foodpanda

khunsanuk

Hi,

Waerth mentioned a new food delivery website to me a few days ago called FoodPanda.

He called me again last night to tell me he had tried it out by ordering some sandwiches from Compagnie du sandwich, and he was well pleased with both FoodPanda and the sandwiches.

So, today I decided to try them as well. Order process was very easy. As this was my first order I needed to register, SMS is send with a confirmation code which you enter into the site again to confirm you email address and complete the registration. This also processes your order. You get both an SMS and an email confirming your order along with an estimated delivery time.

Food showed up after ~35-40 min (delivery time mentioned in the email was 40 min). Ate one of the sandwiches immediately, which was very nice. Have another in the fridge for this evening.

All in all a pleasant experience and I will be using FoodPanda/Compagnie du sandwich again. Likely gonna try ordering from Le Bistro at some time as well.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Waerth mentioned a new food delivery website to me a few days ago called FoodPanda.

He called me again last night to tell me he had tried it out by ordering some sandwiches from Compagnie du sandwich, and he was well pleased with both FoodPanda and the sandwiches.

So, today I decided to try them as well. Order process was very easy. As this was my first order I needed to register, SMS is send with a confirmation code which you enter into the site again to confirm you email address and complete the registration. This also processes your order. You get both an SMS and an email confirming your order along with an estimated delivery time.

Food showed up after ~35-40 min (delivery time mentioned in the email was 40 min). Ate one of the sandwiches immediately, which was very nice. Have another in the fridge for this evening.

All in all a pleasant experience and I will be using FoodPanda/Compagnie du sandwich again. Likely gonna try ordering from Le Bistro at some time as well.

Sanuk!

just wondering about what sort of costs?.

i have no real experience of ordering 'take-out',only bars where menus are available to order from and then delivered.

is this the same sort of concept?.

are the prices for what you ordered comparible to local food stalls?.

are the prices for what you ordered comparible to local food stalls?.

Check the website. The food is coming from restaurants, so neither the food nor the cost is going to be comparable to local food stalls.

The minimum order for Compagnie du sandwich is Baht 120, and this amount would appear to exclude the delivery fee, and from some other restaurants it's Baht 200-300.

A service like this is about convenience, not cost.

PS I don't think they'll deliver to Phuket. :neener:

Check the website. The food is coming from restaurants, so neither the food nor the cost is going to be comparable to local food stalls.

The minimum order for Compagnie du sandwich is Baht 120, and this amount would appear to exclude the delivery fee, and from some other restaurants it's Baht 200-300.

A service like this is about convenience, not cost.

PS I don't think they'll deliver to Phuket. :neener:

i was just curious Mr.Munchmaster.

one good thing i like about having a regular lady is that they get to know what sort of food i like.

as we know some ladies are always hungry and wander off at all hours of the day looking for food.

they ask if i want anything and i just tell them to pick for me,they know what i like.

and often they order too much for themselves and i just share...i foot the bill of course..... :down:

Archived