Regency Park Hotel

PP

• 1 month later...

Although I stayed at The Citrus (next to Regency Park) for most of my stay, when I came back to Bangkok after a few days in Hua Him I checked into the Regency Park. Nothing had changed in 18 months except they do now have free wifi in the rooms. The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable and at about Baht 1,100 a night (Citrus about Baht 2,100 a night) they represent good value imo.

The only real problem was that the wall fitting for the shower head meant that the water came out horizontally and above head height so you had to hand hold the shower head to wet yourself, then turn the shower off to soap up and then turn it on again and hand hold it to wash the soap off, which is really not acceptable. However I bumped into Vic the manager in WS the next day and mentioned this and by the time I got back to my room the wall fitting had been replaced with an angled swivel fitting so problem solved.

Vic did mention that they have started upgrading the rooms but I never got the chance to see one.

Although I stayed at The Citrus (next to Regency Park) for most of my stay, when I came back to Bangkok after a few days in Hua Him I checked into the Regency Park. Nothing had changed in 18 months except they do now have free wifi in the rooms. The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable and at about Baht 1,100 a night (Citrus about Baht 2,100 a night) they represent good value imo.

The only real problem was that the wall fitting for the shower head meant that the water came out horizontally and above head height so you had to hand hold the shower head to wet yourself, then turn the shower off to soap up and then turn it on again and hand hold it to wash the soap off, which is really not acceptable. However I bumped into Vic the manager in WS the next day and mentioned this and by the time I got back to my room the wall fitting had been replaced with an angled swivel fitting so problem solved.

Vic did mention that they have started upgrading the rooms but I never got the chance to see one.

Did you not have a companion in the shower with you to point things at the appropriate parts of your body ????

Archived