British Line Of Succession Change

Steve

I was watching a program about the Queen's jubilee and they said the line of succession rules have been changed where the first born, boy or girl, will be King or Queen.

When they did they change this? How has it been received in the UK? People don't care? Controversial? Seems a reflection current society where there is gender equality.

Are you Brits (as an extension, Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians who are part of the commonwealth) on here for it?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is also full of secularism, no Catholic is allowed to hold the Monarchy only C of E

Bloody Muslims have more rights in the UK than Catholics.

And don't get me started on the Civil List

Blair wouldn't even convert to the Catholic faith until his political career was over in Britain.

I am a Brit and am against the whole Royal Family

I'm a Brit and I am for the Royal Family, well some of them anyway. Certainly the Queen and PP. :up::up:

I would love to be in London for the boat procession down the Thames, I'm sure it will be a spectacular sight.

I thought it was already a foregone conclusion that Charles would be skipped over for William?

German TV recently had a docu about the Brit royals. Charles is still the official 'king in waiting'. I think he as a terrible fate being the crown prince since his youth - and now the next generation is much more popular than him and his wife.

Archived