British Line Of Succession Change

Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Henry VIII's daughter, Mary, the last Catholic royal? The kids seem pretty grounded. It must suck despite the obvious perks. I wouldn't want to have that responsibiity and always in the public eye.

And Charles can't just switch to another job. Also certain places of fun like in BKK are absolutely off limits for him. While his forefathers, like King Edward VII, could just go for a holiday to Paris for to visit certain famous etablissements like La Chabanais. grinyes.gif

I just found this gem about La Chabanais:

The French government sometimes included a visit to the Chabanais as part of the program for foreign guests of state, disguising it as "visit with the President of the Senate" in the official program.

Munchie, PP? You mean Prince Phillip who is Greek Orthodox? :) Well, the German TV would love seeing as the family are German, many "real" Brit Royals looked down on Diana for dirtying her blood by marrying beneath herself, seeing as she as real British bloodline Royalty, not German Upstarts.

Met Princess Anne once who wanted to know why I wasn't in school, I had no idea who she was, just some lady on a horse, told her I didn't like school, quite nice lady, chatted to her a few times over next few days while I skipped school. Never had a clue, still don't most people say.

That was underneath the Salisbury Crags by the way Munchie.

Great place to run away too.

Well aware of the German history to the Royals. Weren't they Hanovers untll WW1 I think? Also, George III who was king during our revolutionary war was called 'German George' by some I read once. Interestingly enough German hessian mercs fought for us.

Anyway, are there are any of the German royal family left? I don't know much about the european royalty but if I'm not mistaken (and I often have) Netherlands, Spain and Denmark have current royals in some form or fashion right? Any of the Russian royals left? Nicholas II was Queen Victoria's grandson wasn't he? I seem to recall some connection to the British family.

Interesting stuff.

It is also full of secularism, no Catholic is allowed to hold the Monarchy only C of E

Bloody Muslims have more rights in the UK than Catholics.

And don't get me started on the Civil List

Mekong

These are the real spongers on state benefits that made you leave the UK

Anyway, are there are any of the German royal family left? I don't know much about the european royalty but if I'm not mistaken (and I often have) Netherlands, Spain and Denmark have current royals in some form or fashion right?

you can add Belgium, Norway and Sweden, who have a queen or a king; in other countries like Italy, Austria and Greece there are heirs from former kings/emperors around

in germany there were/are several royal dynasties; probably hundreds of heirs around

Anyway, are there are any of the German royal family left? I don't know much about the european royalty but if I'm not mistaken (and I often have) Netherlands, Spain and Denmark have current royals in some form or fashion right?

you can add Belgium, Norway and Sweden, who have a queen or a king; in other countries like Italy, Austria and Greece there are heirs from former kings/emperors around

in germany there were/are several royal dynasties; probably hundreds of heirs around

In Germany monarchy ended in 1918 and all privileges were abolished. Titles like German emperor/empress, king/queen, rand duke/grand duchess were erased.

We have still tons of nobility. But they are kind of invisible in daily life. It seems that the high nobility is kind of sticking to themselves and is busy running their castles and huge land holdings (especially forests). And you'll find many of them working at the foreign ministry. The Prussian nobility is often very poor, since their castles and holdings were dispossessed in communist East Germany and in the area which is part of Poland today.

Archived