Cobblers

Anyone know if there are any proper shoe repair shops in Bangkok, i.e., somewhere that can repair leather shoes?

Got some good leather shoes that need new soles.

The best place I ever used was in Robinsons at Soi 19. It has been at least six or seven years but if they are still there it would be my first choice.

The best place I ever used was in Robinsons at Soi 19. It has been at least six or seven years but if they are still there it would be my first choice.

I use a little bloke in Soi Aree, have for over a Decade, but then he's almost family, up on Soi 1 Suk is a place that makes leather shoes by hand, very cheap, great fit, as you'd expect, the soles expire and my bloke adds new ones, and heals.

I also knpw the Robinson place, they do ok job too. Robinson has had a make over, should still be there though.

I use a little bloke in Soi Aree, have for over a Decade, but then he's almost family, up on Soi 1 Suk is a place that makes leather shoes by hand, very cheap, great fit, as you'd expect, the soles expire and my bloke adds new ones, and heals.

I also knpw the Robinson place, they do ok job too. Robinson has had a make over, should still be there though.

Does anybody remember Mister Minit? That is what they were when they first opened in the very late 80s or early 90s if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

JJ Market has a number of places, however close to Suk the very first lane off the tollway there used to be a leather show shop that made not just shoes but belts etc. Been a few years but worth a look, it's the Soi that is the back entrance to Bumingrad Hospital.

JJ Market has a number of places, however close to Suk the very first lane off the tollway there used to be a leather show shop that made not just shoes but belts etc. Been a few years but worth a look, it's the Soi that is the back entrance to Bumingrad Hospital.

As of a few years ago, that place was still there. I'd lost some weight, needed to get a couple more holes punched in my belt, and the guy at my tailor shop told me about them. I got the impression that they were good people.

Archived