My Return

sayjann

i'm certainly not unhappy at the moment,in fact quite contented with the way things are going.

at the time of these events only 1 incident which caused a bit of friction between us and certainly not so huge to spoil the holiday.

just a few thoughts and observations to ponder while it's pissing down outside.

1.why do i seem to walk twice as far as i need too?.

a lot of people have no idea of how to walk around in a manner which shows consideration.

i spend so much time walking around people who are intent on making things difficult for others.

a couple of days ago i noticed a young european woman with a baby in a pushchair struggling along a narrow pavement and i stopped to let her go first and some idiot pushed me out the way and carried on walking towards her making it difficult for her and almost causing the pushchair to fall into the road.

being the person i am,i expressed to him his bad manners and he just stated the woman and child were not important to him as he was in a hurry.... :wanker:

2.does it hurt to say sorry?.

in a bar when another regular who was quite drunk knocked over his bottle of beer abd it went all over the lady i was with.

i accept it was an accident but he could at least said 'oh,sorry' but did not seemed that concerned and just demanded another beer and expected it for free.

the lady was soaked in beer and trying to empty her bag of liquid as he showed no concern.

a simple sorry would surely not have hurt that much?. :dunno:

3.why do i meet the 'experts'all the time?.

i am certainly no expert about Phuket but i know certain things which help me and others.

chatting to an Australian couple who had arrived the night before and when they saw how i was treated by the bar-staff realised i was a regular to the island and just asked about places to visit and see.

i suggested some of the sites and shows that were interesting to see and places out of the nightlife areas which they might like and some good eating places.

their friend piped up and said i was talking bullshit and as he had once visited 9 years ago he knew all there was to know and that the place had not changed one iota.

that is bullshit as i have seen quite a few changes in the 5 months since i was last here and not always for the best imo.

he had never heard of the 2 most popular night-outs in town and the Wats which the Thais like to visit and Wat Chalong is very important to them and worth a visit.

but he just said nothing of interest to see apart from Bangla Road and it's bars which had me shaking my head.. :doah:

4.and when fucking STOP raining?.

i'm sure i'll come up with some more from time to time but Day 5 to follow.

I do it - each visit is flavored these days by some new dumb thing I've done that I would not recommend to others, but which somehow adds a bit more color and texture and experience to my experience. I repeat my old mistakes, and try new mistakes whenever possible! It's what keeps it worthwhile going back, I think, keeps things a little fresh. If I was just going to keep pursuing the gogo bar/freelancer world record each time I visit, it would get stale fast - not to mention that I'll never even be remotely in the major leagues when it comes to the expert sanukers, so I find my own niche experiences...

So - yeah, you're making all kinds of dumb moves, good on ya! and keep it up! Wisdom comes through pain, not repetition.

YimSiam :confused:

That's an interesting approach for sure. beer.gif

Archived