Manny Pacquiao Beaten After Seven Years

Flashermac

Cav, actually it was reported that he was having marital problems before the last fight.

Now he became almost a born again Catholic (too much to say Born Again Christian for any Filipino) - and was trying to get the impression of his return to "God" etc...

Didn't help him - he should go back to his old ways now - why waste your life following any God anyways?

Manny is now a Filipino Congressman and if anything distracted him it was politics.

I have yet to read anywhere that says Bradley should have won the fight. Suspicion is there was a fix in to make sure Manny showed up for the rematch that was already scheduled.

TH

LAS VEGAS -- Minutes after Manny Pacquiao entered a post-fight news conference with an unmarked face, his injured opponent Timothy Bradley was wheeled into the same room.

Las Vegas Hilton Race and Sports Book Director Jay Kornegay said that boxing needs to "change its system," by adding replay or "the punch stats".

"It created such an ugly atmosphere in the sports book," Kornegay said. "Many felt ripped off, and I've got to agree. It was a debacle for a sport that can't afford it."

Pacquiao now hasn't knocked out an opponent in five consecutive fights. He said meeting Bradley again "would make me become a warrior in the ring.

My link

• 2 weeks later...

Manny Pacquiao wins WBO after defeat by Timothy Bradley

Manny Pacquiao has won a WBO review into his split-decision defeat by Timothy Bradley earlier this month.

On the night two judges scored the bout 115-113 in the American's favour, prompting boos around the MGM Grand.

The WBO has now met with five international judges to evaluate a video of the fight and they unanimously scored it in favour of Pacquiao.

The original result still stands as the WBO does not have to power to overturn it, but a rematch could be ordered.

It was a first defeat in seven years for Philippines fighter Pacquiao, who landed 94 more punches than Bradley.

Pacquiao is already guaranteed a rematch because of a clause in his contract.

According to Bob Arum, the promoter for both fighters, 33-year-old Pacquiao has indicated he would prefer the rematch over Bradley forfeiting the WBO welterweight title.

My link

Archived