Strip Joints

The_Munchmaster

I was sitting outside one of the open air bars on Patpong the other night about 2.30am when a very fit young Aussie lass approached the bar and started talking to the staff. It was clear that they either didn't understand her or didn't know the answer so she asked me. She wanted to know where she and her husband could find a strip bar. At this point her hubbie (who looked nothing like what I expected him to be like, i.e., she was young, pretty, fit and well dressed and he was quite a bit older, heavy, tattoed down both arms and wearing T shirt and cargo pants) pitched up and I told them that all the indoor bars were now closed for the night and anyway there weren't any strip bars.

Was I correct in telling them that there are no strip bars. I have never seen a strip tease in a bar in all my time in LOS but perhaps there is a strip bar somewhere? :dunno:

The bar across from where we were (can't remember it's name but it might have been Radio City) was full on with music blaring and people up dancing on the stage. The Aussie lass, who had previously said she didn't want to dance but wanted to see a strip show, started gyrating in front of her hubbie and me. She was a sexy dancer but I was careful not to take too much interest in case hubbie decided to plant one on me!

They had one drink and as they got up to leave she asked me how much they were expected to tip the girls dancing in the gogo bars. :doah:

I was sitting outside one of the open air bars on Patpong the other night about 2.30am when a very fit young Aussie lass approached the bar and started talking to the staff. It was clear that they either didn't understand her or didn't know the answer so she asked me. She wanted to know where she and her husband could find a strip bar.

That's a good question. Actually I have never been to a strip club and it would nice to visit one in BKK during my next trip.

Only thing I've ever seen in Bangkok that I'd call a strip show was way back in the mid 1970 in a "clandestine show bar". Nudity was a big no-no back then, and there were 3 security checks as you went in. Once inside, you found yourself in a rather ordinary bar - except it had some stunning dancers. (Several had been on the covers of respectable Thai magazines, and my companion bar fined one right off the stage.) Anyway, the dancers each did three numbers. The first song they did in a bikini. In song number two, the top came off. Song number three was danced in nature's own attire.

I looked for it on my next trip into Bangkok, but I found it shuttered and closed. I asked what had happened, and the owner of a nearby shop told me the police had raided the bar and arrested everyone inside. That bar still has to be one of the best I've ever visited.

I suppose the Lone Gun or Rawhide at times might qualify as strip shows. The girls sometimes take it off in their routines, but nudity depends on the attitude of the local police at a given time.

p.s. Aha! I'd forgotten the Chinatown show bars. Some of them had dancers who would strip during their routines on stage, one at a time. They were in out of the way places and if they still exist, it would surprise me. That was back in the '70s too. You might ask an older taxi driver about them. If anyone knows, it would be one of them.

Aussie lass approached the bar and started talking to the staff. It was clear that they either didn't understand her or didn't know the answer so she asked me. She wanted to know where she and her husband could find a strip bar.

Being an Aussie maybe she had no other words to describe what they were looking for. What's the Aussie for a bar with naked birds (if not a strip bar) We are of course fully conversant with the nuanced versions that differentiate quite explicitly between a strip bar, A-gogo, BJ-bar, bar beer with naughty boy corner, etc. Perhaps you should have asked her what she meant by 'strip bar', she might have shown you :o

Angelwitch in Pattaya sometimes has what would qualify as a strip show. They have a number of other shows with various degrees of attire, but you can never be sure which show will be on when you arrive.

Why didn't MM just stand up and give the girl a strip show himself ....:neener:

Where were you sitting ..?.on the corner near Bada Bing bar?...i was there a couple of nights ago

Where were you sitting ..?.on the corner near Bada Bing bar?...i was there a couple of nights ago

Probably same place. Same soi between PP1 and PP2 that Badabing is on but the PP1 end (on the corner next to Superstar Bar). It's a small open air bar (basically just a bar on the pavement with a few seats) owned by the same people who own Superstar and Goldfinger.

Probably same place. Same soi between PP1 and PP2 that Badabing is on but the PP1 end (on the corner next to Superstar Bar). It's a small open air bar (basically just a bar on the pavement with a few seats) owned by the same people who own Superstar and Goldfinger.

Yep that's it....

Archived