Pattaya Casualties

gobbledonk

You know where I got this - no correspondence will be entered into re the source. Yes, I have no life of my own in 2012 - deal. :angryfire:

Word has it that there is a crazed Australian running around Pattaya literally throwing money into the air, ringing bells in various bars, and generally behaving as though he has unlimited cash. Wears a backpack and said backpack reportedly contains large amounts of cash and a handgun. I dont know about your neck of the woods, but that combination would definitely attract the attention of both cops and lowlifes in Oz - somewhat amazed that it hasnt done so in Patts, at least FWIR. Reportedly living from the proceeds of an insurance payout that saw his family totalled in a car crash back here in Oz - as always, who the hell knows how accurate the 'backstory' is, but most wealthy tycoons dont walk around Pattaya with a backpack full of cash. And a handgun.

Other news concerned a longtime bar owner who reportedly punched his own ticket via the 7th floor of a highrise, allegedly over the usual 'girl trouble meets money trouble' - no imagination, IMO. I imagine that our friend with the backpack will manage something significantly more spectacular.

Is it any wonder so many Thais think we are nihilistic idiots hellbent on self-destruction. :wub:

You know where I got this - no correspondence will be entered into re the source. Yes, I have no life of my own in 2012 - deal. :angryfire:

Word has it that there is a crazed Australian running around Pattaya literally throwing money into the air, ringing bells in various bars, and generally behaving as though he has unlimited cash. Wears a backpack and said backpack reportedly contains large amounts of cash and a handgun. I dont know about your neck of the woods, but that combination would definitely attract the attention of both cops and lowlifes in Oz - somewhat amazed that it hasnt done so in Patts, at least FWIR. Reportedly living from the proceeds of an insurance payout that saw his family totalled in a car crash back here in Oz - as always, who the hell knows how accurate the 'backstory' is, but most wealthy tycoons dont walk around Pattaya with a backpack full of cash. And a handgun.

Other news concerned a longtime bar owner who reportedly punched his own ticket via the 7th floor of a highrise, allegedly over the usual 'girl trouble meets money trouble' - no imagination, IMO. I imagine that our friend with the backpack will manage something significantly more spectacular.

Is it any wonder so many Thais think we are nihilistic idiots hellbent on self-destruction. :wub:

Stick had the storey on the Aussie throwing money around two weeks ago.

He is not shy to tell anyone who cares to listen that he crashed his car and killed his wife and either killed or very seriously injured his child. He has photos of the aftermath of the accident in his mobile phone which he proudly shows strangers, gloating how the accident resulted in a $AUD 2 million insurance payout! That's 60 million baht in real money and he seems to be hell-bent on burning through it as fast as he can. In just 3 months he has already burned through millions and millions of baht.

TH

Stick had the storey on the Aussie throwing money around two weeks ago.

He is not shy to tell anyone who cares to listen that he crashed his car and killed his wife and either killed or very seriously injured his child. He has photos of the aftermath of the accident in his mobile phone which he proudly shows strangers, gloating how the accident resulted in a $AUD 2 million insurance payout! That's 60 million baht in real money and he seems to be hell-bent on burning through it as fast as he can. In just 3 months he has already burned through millions and millions of baht.

TH

I did say YOU KNOW WHERE I GOT THIS - so it took me a little longer to post something I knew I'd get flamed for. Sheesh ....

It might be a rehash, but we both know this is a particularly outrageous example of a Farang in flameout mode in Pattaya. The guy has clearly had a breakdown, as 'immoral' as his antics will seem to many, particularly the part about living it up with his new 'Tilac' when the soil has barely had time to settle on the graves of his family.

And yes, HT, he has set a particularly high bar for me to shimmy under in 2014. I look forward to providing you with considerable amusement during my own flameout.

Archived