My Return

sayjann

the previous day when i stopped off for a drink after my gal and i had had a few hours out in the taxi she returned to the hotel and paid the fee for the day with the remaining money she had of mine on her person.

during the day i had paid for a little petrol and for the drivers afternoon meal but had not discussed what the charge was for his hire for the day and a tip which i left to her discretition...which was my fault.

this morning i found out i had no change from 3500bt and knew something was seriously amiss,no way did the day cost that amount of bt..... :nono:

during the day she had be quick to pay for food and any shopping she bought and i realised she just took the cash back from the notes she had in her care.

but i had no proof that she had skimmed off the remainder of the cash so had to grit my teeth and sort of accept it.

i had paid her B/F for the previous 2 days but now allowed her to back to work for the day as i was still angry at what i thought she had done.

went to see my good friend in the spa who gave me a great shave and upper body massage for 200bt(plus tip)and i just went to the beach and had a relaxing day sitting in the very weak sun.

still in pain from my ribs but the men who looked after the loungers took care of me by getting me food and drink when required.

on the way back to the hotel i stopped off in a pharmacy and asked about some sort of painkiller and was given some capsules which were highly recommended and they were wonderful.... :chili:

no idea of what the recommended dosage was and just took luck and within 10 minutes i was pain free and ao happy.

had a nap and she came to my room at around 11pm and said did i want to come out with 2 of her friends to a karokae joint?.

i was feeling great and said 'of course' and off we went on her motorbike.

not the sort of thing i would do in the UK but it was a fun night and only the 4 of us in the joint.

songs were chosen for me and i ended up murdering 'my way','country roads' and 'smoke on the water'...... :ohmy:

but around 2ish i was getting bored but amused by the videos played as a backdrop to the Thai songs being sung,they were quite amusing.

but then something happened that finally made up my mind to leave the place.

felt something on my arm and i saw a cockroach which looked about a foot long and i quickly swept it off but soon another one was crawling up my leg and i just freaked out,i had to leave,i hate anything like that and felt very uneasy and demanded we leave.

back to the hotel and something was to happen which was the final straw and i would not see her again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjaan, you're the only person I've ever known who hands their money over to a BG to look after for them. I thinks there's a reason for that (apart from it's just not normal!). :doah:

i don't carry a wallet in the UK so not used to carrying one when abroad.

i find it easier to let a lady carry cash in her handbag as they take much better care of their belongings then i tend to,i lose things easily.

if i give them cash they normally count it and tell me how much it is and then return what is left at the end of the day.

all i have in my pockets are my cigarettes and around 500bt in small notes and change for immediate use.

i cannot remember the last time i did'nt wear shorts all the time and as the pockets are sometimes not as secure as trousers i don't like to take too many risks.

this was the first time i had encountered any problems with someone holding cash and the lady was not strictly a BG.

just something i am used to doing with a long-term friend and i just find it easier and never had a problem again on this trip.

i still fault myself for not establishing a price for the driver and his services in advance.

but in the long-run she was the loser as she missed out on a regular daily income from me which would have been much more then whatever she skimmed off of me that night.

Sayjaan, you're the only person I've ever known who hands their money over to a BG to look after for them. I thinks there's a reason for that (apart from it's just not normal!). :doah:

When I went with a BG to Ko Samui (many years ago), I gave her, I think around 1.000 - 2.000 THB, for smaller expenses for us both. Usually services or food were cheaper when paid by the girl, since she felt more responsible getting the correct prices. Also she didn't have to ask every time for money for to buy a bottle of water or some fruits. But I did this with very few BGs with whom I stayed longer than 1-2 days.

Back in the Vietnam War R&R days, it was quite common for a GI in Bangkok to hand his money over to his chosen "companion" and tell her to make it last the week and show him a good time. The BG most likely had a taxi driver she worked with, so the GI would get a tour of the city by day and his brains shagged out at night. The BG and cabbie would make sure that they got a good profit from the enterprise.

i don't carry a wallet in the UK so not used to carrying one when abroad.

i find it easier to let a lady carry cash in her handbag as they take much better care of their belongings then i tend to,i lose things easily.

if i give them cash they normally count it and tell me how much it is and then return what is left at the end of the day.

all i have in my pockets are my cigarettes and around 500bt in small notes and change for immediate use.

i cannot remember the last time i did'nt wear shorts all the time and as the pockets are sometimes not as secure as trousers i don't like to take too many risks.

this was the first time i had encountered any problems with someone holding cash and the lady was not strictly a BG.

just something i am used to doing with a long-term friend and i just find it easier and never had a problem again on this trip.

i still fault myself for not establishing a price for the driver and his services in advance.

but in the long-run she was the loser as she missed out on a regular daily income from me which would have been much more then whatever she skimmed off of me that night.

I'm really sorry to say this Sayjaan but you are fecking stupid. Giving your money to a hooker to look after is just dumb! I know you call them "my gal" but they're just hookers, they're not your friends. The moment you stop giving them money you won't see them for dust. Take control of your own money like a real man and distribute it as you want. Fecking unbelievable!! :shakehead

I'm really sorry to say this Sayjaan but you are fecking stupid. Giving your money to a hooker to look after is just dumb! I know you call them "my gal" but they're just hookers, they're not your friends. The moment you stop giving them money you won't see them for dust. Take control of your own money like a real man and distribute it as you want. Fecking unbelievable!! :shakehead

Agreed, Sayjaan is acting like a complete newbie. The girl was fooling him all day long and then she stole his money. And there were red flags visible days before. doah.gif

And no wonder when he did something without the girl that things sometimes went not so well. The reason: if you are in a bad mood, like Sayjann frequently was because of the girl, the bad mood will be mirrored by the BGs and the other Thais you interact with.

nono.gif

Sayjaan,

On your last trip reports many BM's gave me shite and accused me of being harsh on you yet 6 months or so later you are back making the same mistakes and other BM's are beginning to recognize what I saw.

[Removed - KS]

I've just read your trip reports from Christmas and this latest one with amazement, and found them both entertaining and disturbing, You do seem to be a bit of a magnet for problems and drama, both of which in my opinion, appear to be directly connected to your excessive consumption of alcohol.. To put it into perspective, you've had more 'incidents' in a single trip than I've experienced in 25 years of multiple trips per year, and I'm no shrinking violet, I'm out on the town partying most nights. Why anyone would need to drink themselves into a stupor, to enjoy themselves in LOS, is totally beyond me.

Archived