Ba Cheap Business Class Tickets

chelseafan

I usually travel Biz Class from London to Bangkok and £1600 seems to be the going rate direct with Eva or Thai and £1400 indirectly with Oman Air (who have the best business class service bar none). BA are usually way off the mark at £2500+.

Well last minute.com came up with BA at £1298 all in (direct)for mid-august, so if you are planning to go around then I suggest you snap them up fast, I have never known BA to be so cheap and not only that but to absolutely slam their competitors - is this a turning point in their strategy ?

Anyhow wasnt planning a second trip this year but at that price I'd be foolish not to take the offer up.

yes indeed, that looks very cheap!

low season and struggling economy!

Do they offer this as well including a feederflight from any European country?

Doubt they would offer feeder flights at this price -

Yeah possibly. Thailands visitors increases year on year but I would bet my mortgage that the increases are coming from India and Asia whilst Europeans are staying at home.

I've just checked lastminute and the cheapest tickets now are £1600 with Egypt Air (Don't....just Don't), so it looks like those tickets have gone or BA withdrew the offer - at least I am booked up and paid :)

hiya CF,long time no see,hope you are good... :up:

i hate to say it but congrats on the CL win.......... :sad:

we all have our preferences on many things but i would never ever fly BA again.

had 2 flights in the mid 90's(thankfully paid by someone else)and the worst flights i have ever experienced.... :angry:

and only european flights from Barcelona and Milan,so only short journeys.

i would hate to have to endure the crap i experienced from those flights on a 11-13 hour flight........

hiya CF,long time no see,hope you are good... :up:

i hate to say it but congrats on the CL win.......... :sad:

we all have our preferences on many things but i would never ever fly BA again.

had 2 flights in the mid 90's(thankfully paid by someone else)and the worst flights i have ever experienced.... :angry:

and only european flights from Barcelona and Milan,so only short journeys.

i would hate to have to endure the crap i experienced from those flights on a 11-13 hour flight........

WF, wouldn't travel KLM as their business class is crap - no lay-flat seats for example, this is always a ctitical factor when I travel and you dont get access to Bangkoks fast track lane.

SJ, hope you are keeping well. I am not impressed with BA's economy class and given the choice wouldn't travel with them again but they are renowned for their business/first class cabins. Its fair to say that some other airlines have surpassed them these days - Oman air for example whom I maintain offer the best business class experience - the only issue is that their stoppovers can be in excess of 8 hours.

If its about financial desperation, look forward to Qantas selling $25 return flights SYD-LAX ....

As one industry observer remarked recently, a lot of the full-service carriers just assumed that they could replicate the model of success stories like Air Asia - hasnt happened. QANTAS is digging itself in deeper with the shitstorm around the lower payrates being doled out to Thai cabin crew on Jetstar flights - I expect that to get nastier. They will inevitably move offshore or be broken up.

Archived