What Tgs Really Think Of Farang

Mr. Mojo

This is good feedback, I guess there is nothing negative to expect from the TGs behavior with me in public.

Most of you made a comments about dress. I was planning on bringing nice clothes but trying balance against the humid heat which will get me. I assume dress slacks, dress shoes and nice shirt for first date out is good, or is that over dressing (for day time)? Would jeans be better (might get hot)? This first date I want to impress because I really like her so far. For the BKK bars at night, ie Soi Cowboy for backup plan, I was thinking jeans, nice shirt, no cheap T-short or shorts...I would want to get a stunner.

I will also make a tour of Phuket. The first date TG may or may not go depending on our chemistry. If solo, I assume more casual dress in Patong bars?

Sorry for the stupid naive questions. I'm still not real clear on recommended dress...I don't want to look like a tourist per se.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good feedback, I guess there is nothing negative to expect from the TGs behavior with me in public.

Most of you made a comments about dress. I was planning on bringing nice clothes but trying balance against the humid heat which will get me. I assume dress slacks, dress shoes and nice shirt for first date out is good, or is that over dressing (for day time)? Would jeans be better (might get hot)? This first date I want to impress because I really like her so far. For the BKK bars at night, ie Soi Cowboy for backup plan, I was thinking jeans, nice shirt, no cheap T-short or shorts...I would want to get a stunner.

I will also make a tour of Phuket. The first date TG may or may not go depending on our chemistry. If solo, I assume more casual dress in Patong bars?

Sorry for the stupid naive questions. I'm still not real clear on recommended dress...I don't want to look like a tourist per se.

Dress pants and shirt is not needed unless you intend to go the Le Normandie or someplace similar. Pressed casual slacks and short sleeve tucked in shirt with casual loafer type shoes are sufficient. I believe it is referred to as “business casualâ€. If it is a more informal place, you can get away with shorts as long as they are pressed and reach to just above the knee. No cargo or fisherman type. It helps considerably if they are name brand.

TH

This is the sort of Farang most TGs want to be seen with:

254341.jpg

Layabouts - no question - but that's the ideal. I laughed till it hurt when a girl in Jakarta told me my nose looked 'just like George Clooney' from the right angle. That was 2004, but I'm confident that the current generation still has a thing for Gorgeous George and Dreamy Brad. :grinyes:

Dress pants and shirt is not needed unless you intend to go the Le Normandie or someplace similar. Pressed casual slacks and short sleeve tucked in shirt with casual loafer type shoes are sufficient. I believe it is referred to as “business casualâ€. If it is a more informal place, you can get away with shorts as long as they are pressed and reach to just above the knee. No cargo or fisherman type. It helps considerably if they are name brand.

TH

By the way, except at the beach you will rarely see any Asian men in shorts. IMHO Its a no-no in BKK, if you don't want look like a tradtional Brit or German tourist. surprised.gif

And very important: shower and change clothes as much as often, especially of course before meeting a TG or if you plan a night out. The Thai are very sensible in regard to this matter (also don't use too much perfume).

PS: You don't have to bring a lot of clothes. Even non-fake clothes are cheap in Thailand. If you feel over- or underdressed just go shopping. It's a good opportunity to freshen up your wardrobe...

PSPS: The last time I was walking around in BKK in my black leather shoes. Once when I returned to the hotel with my longtime BG, upon seing that I have flip flops as well she scolded me for not wearing them. But I never wear flip-flops in the city. I guess it really depends with whom you are socializing with...

Prior to my last couple of trips, I would have agreed with the 'no shorts' edict, but I was surprised to see several Thai men wandering around Emporium in knee-length shorts and open-toed footwear - all quite presentable but a long way from the usual 'uniform'. Nobody seemed overly shocked by this apparent deviation from the 'rules' - it might have been a one-off, but my advice would be to err on the side of caution before leaping into the lederhosen. :clown:

Prior to my last couple of trips, I would have agreed with the 'no shorts' edict, but I was surprised to see several Thai men wandering around Emporium in knee-length shorts and open-toed footwear - all quite presentable but a long way from the usual 'uniform'. Nobody seemed overly shocked by this apparent deviation from the 'rules' - it might have been a one-off, but my advice would be to err on the side of caution before leaping into the lederhosen. :clown:

Since shorts are fine now, here a preview of the next Thai360 meeting:

1679748883-lederhose.9,c;do;ym;qei;psy;WoDAk.jpg

hubbahubba.gif

Today one of the girls who does ironing at the laundry I use on Suk Soi 22 (much quicker and cheaper then my hotel) told her boss that I looked like a movie star (obviously a very astute and gifted lass who really shouldn't be working in a laundry). Then later in the day a lass in Madrid (the Patpong bar not the Spanish city) stated that I have a very beautiful nose (something that I have actually heard hundreds of times in LOS) and finally a very sexy young (well actually not that young) lass in Crown Royal told me that I looked like Keanu Reaves. I queried this statement and it turned out that it was only my hair that bore a likeness to Keanu, but hey beggars can't be choosers! Ain't LOS a fantastic place?

PS The lass in Crown Royal also fancied my nose.

Archived