What Tgs Really Think Of Farang

Mr. Mojo

We've had this discussion several times since I've been here, but rationally anything beyond a 20-year gap for a man over 50 is going to draw stares - just as it would in the West. George Clooney, at 51, would struggle to pull that one off - how many of us thought 'Jesus, why dont you just hang around outside high schools in a limo ?' when Cruise announced he was marrying Katie Holmes ?

Tabloid crap aside, it also comes down to maturity - I expect a certain amount of life experience from someone over 35 that usually isn't there at 25, particularly in a culture where life's expectations centre around marriage and family. Unfortunately, if some of the reports here and elsewhere are accurate, that might be misplaced in Thailand - at least for so-called GTGs who have never been married/had a kid etc. We've all read accounts of guys claiming that their 100% respectable, professional Thai GF devolved into a hideously jealous stalker as the relationship became serious - my usual skepticism tells me that such tales often come from guys who still want it both ways, but its an uncomfortable spectre nonetheless. The childlike attributes we find so charming in Thai women seem to live alongside a childish selfishness that, fortunately, we suave Westerners dont suffer from..... :liar:

If I have an ambition in LOS, its a simple one - NEVER to be 'the Farang cliche'. When I start kidding myself that the age of the majestic creature lying next to me is a measure of my 'success', it might be time to step out onto the balcony for a moment. As Iron Mike put it so eloquently at Charlie Sheen's roast 'When the money goes, so do the hos !'. :banghead:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all sounds like crap to me, just another 'my ho's better than your ho' WTF! It's your life, live it your way. If what other people thinks matters to you then I guess you will rate appearance and opinion top of the list. If that gives you happiness then lucky you, some have other preferences. Why do other human beings consider age gap between a man and a woman engaged in any sort of partnership to be of concern?

If you have a preference for a relationship with an equally educated partner of specific stock, fine. Would not appeal to me, but that's just me, you are different.

If my 16 year old daughter tells me she wants to marry an 85 year old guy I might have something to say, based mostly on her lack of maturity in making such a decision. If she were to say same at 25 then fine, her life.

If I have an ambition in LOS, its a simple one - NEVER to be 'the Farang cliche'.

They exist across the spectrum. It's not so much what you do as the way you do it. From the wife beater and flip flop wearing brigade to the suit and BMW crowd.

could you expand on that please ? what is the norm, what is acceptable.....just curious.

BB

It's an issue, but if I tried to quantify it and provide you with a number, I would pulling a number out of the air. Appearances also matter. We all know some guys and gal look 10 years younger (or older) than their actual age, and this only complicates answering this question. But I can say that a wider range is tolerated and accepted in Thailand than in the US. Can I quantify that (or even back it up with an empirical study)? No. But I am confident that a wider gap is acceptable. How wide...? Really hard to say.

It's an issue, but if I tried to quantify it and provide you with a number, I would pulling a number out of the air. Appearances also matter. We all know some guys and gal look 10 years younger (or older) than their actual age, and this only complicates answering this question. But I can say that a wider range is tolerated and accepted in Thailand than in the US. Can I quantify that (or even back it up with an empirical study)? No. But I am confident that a wider gap is acceptable. How wide...? Really hard to say.

I can tell you there is interest in me from BKK girls, not Isaan TGs, that are 28 and up. I am 49. That seems to be the natural barrier for the more educated TGs, and even then, I have a hard time believing they are sincere. The 30 and up TGs for me seem more sincere in their interest and I am up for them. They have enough life experience to know better. Most claim to have had a bad Thai BF and want a more mature man. That makes it a nearly 20 year gap. Looking younger and being more fit for your age helps, these girls do always remark about it. Of course, July will be my first trip to LOS and maybe I am living in a fantasy right now.

not really what I meant......when the (asian) girl is only 20 yo, is the farang old when he 35 yo ?

when she'll be 40 yo, he will be "only" 55 yo, quite acceptable, no ?

so, if she is 20, and the guy is 45, is that over the top ? where is the limit ?

half plus 7 as per formula ?

When I met my now wife, she was 24, I was 46, 22 years older, big shock then to some without the knowledge.

Today, 10 years later, same age difference, way less of a shock :)

So, what is the limit to be acceptable then ?

BB

In my view, acceptable is: anyone who doesn't find the age difference of a couple acceptable, can get F*cked!

This is good feedback, I guess there is nothing negative to expect from the TGs behavior with me in public.

Most of you made a comments about dress. I was planning on bringing nice clothes but trying balance against the humid heat which will get me. I assume dress slacks, dress shoes and nice shirt for first date out is good, or is that over dressing (for day time)? Would jeans be better (might get hot)? This first date I want to impress because I really like her so far. For the BKK bars at night, ie Soi Cowboy for backup plan, I was thinking jeans, nice shirt, no cheap T-short or shorts...I would want to get a stunner.

I will also make a tour of Phuket. The first date TG may or may not go depending on our chemistry. If solo, I assume more casual dress in Patong bars?

Sorry for the stupid naive questions. I'm still not real clear on recommended dress...I don't want to look like a tourist per se.

Mojo,

Good idea really... slacks and decent collared shirt of a tropical weight will get you noticed and will show you have some class and clue really. Night time especially. The heat is a problem, but it can be accommodated for even with more conservative clothing. If in Bangkok don't dress like you are on the beach. Dress like that on the beach. Not in the big city. Not stupid or naive questions. Spot on really. Dress can make a difference in how you are perceived here... if you care. Some do, some don't. 20 years experience here. Just buy lightweight/tropical weight slacks and shirts to wear in the city. The boonies and beach areas are less of a problem in this and you can dress more touristy/casual. But even there (beach area/boonies city, at night, I'd go with slacks and collared shirt if going somewhere nice, with someone nice.

I can tell you there is interest in me from BKK girls, not Isaan TGs, that are 28 and up. I am 49. That seems to be the natural barrier for the more educated TGs, and even then, I have a hard time believing they are sincere. The 30 and up TGs for me seem more sincere in their interest and I am up for them. They have enough life experience to know better. Most claim to have had a bad Thai BF and want a more mature man. That makes it a nearly 20 year gap. Looking younger and being more fit for your age helps, these girls do always remark about it. Of course, July will be my first trip to LOS and maybe I am living in a fantasy right now.

Are you basing the 'not Isaan' assumption on the location in their profile, or the fact that they are tall, 'white' and educated ? Be extremely wary of the way people represent themselves online - the BGs cant be the only ones having their typing 'outsourced' - but one thing works in your favor. While most Thai women look considerably younger than their Farang sisters, hard living catches up to them - you will soon see what I mean when you arrive in the LOS. There are always exceptions, but most BMs will have had the disconcerting experience of being tapped on the shoulder, thinking 'Who the fuck is this slapper ?' only to realise she didnt look anything like that 5 or 6 years earlier. Be aware that they have 'elephant strength' recollection - I've had girls remind me of nights that I had long forgotten, usually because I really WANTED to forget said nights. One girl on Soi 4 even produced an old passport photo I had drunkenly left in her hand 3 years (!) earlier as proof that we had a 'moment' - without the photo I wouldnt have believed her. Never underestimate them, regardless of their apparent lack of understanding of the world beyond Thailand's borders.

While most Thai women look considerably younger than their Farang sisters, hard living catches up to them - you will soon see what I mean when you arrive in the LOS.

I've noticed that in the age profiles. The 20 somethings look so beautiful, the 30s good/OK, but VERY FEW in their 40s seem to maintain it - rode hard and put away wet look. Is this diet, lifestyle or both contributing to an accelerated aging process? The Asians here in the states stay very young looking.

Archived