What Tgs Really Think Of Farang

Mr. Mojo

Always an interesting debate this topic.

When I first dated my wife (12 years ago and I think things are more relaxed now) she had to bring a chaperone from work.

Things are much more relaxed than when I arrived in the 1970s. Farangs are far more accepted. e.g. A colleague in the '70s was dating an archan from a teachers college, but she finally told him that she liked him but couldn't go out with him any more. The reason was the nasty remarks Thais made to here. (She wasn't mistaken for a BG, but many Thai men seemed to be angry that she prefered a Farang. One loudly told her that she must like big dicks! The colleague understood it and turned to face the Thai, who promptly sank back into his seat.) That same gal later got a scholarship to the US, married ... and stayed there. Nowadays a fair number of my students have Farang boyfriends - and they bring them to university functions to show off!

I remember when look krueng children were called Farang by their classmates. Don't hear that any more. I have taught half-Farang and half-Japanese students, and no one taunts them these days. In fact, most think it is sort of cool to be a half-and-half.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when look krueng children were called Farang by their classmates. Don't hear that any more. I have taught half-Farang and half-Japanese students, and no one taunts them these days. In fact, most think it is sort of cool to be a half-and-half.

Probably more of a hype coming from tv or showbiz with many popular look kruengs. Not that the Thai society would actually open up.

Observe currently many girls from HiSo families going to International schools and dating a "poorer" farang boyfriend and show off their wealth to them. After some time the fun is over, they dump the farang and marry some HiSo Thai male.

Exactly! Thais love to say they have never been colonised. Uh ... what about the Chinese? Try to name a wealthy businessman or politician who isn't Chinese. 12% of the population is Chinese, but it may be as high as 30% if you count those of mixed Chinese and Thai ancestry. Talk about the real amart ...

most are mixed chinese thai anchestry; I do not know any pure chinese over more than one generation in Thailand. Some probably just claim chinese anchestry without any evidence as it gives you more reputation as a businessman. Not many speak fluent Chinese but they send their kids to schools, where they are supposed to learn Mandarin...

I never make any physical contact with my woman in public, maybe because officially I am still actually married and cannot be seen to give my soon to be ex the excuse of "Adultery" OK I am shagging my legal representative not a recommended move. She still has her own apartment, OK we live in the same condo block but separate addresses, of course we are seen leaving the building together, just happens we live in same building.

makings of a sitcom here me thinks :surprised:

People often say that TGs don't care what you look like.......... IMHO They DO. If you are much older than them (15 yrs +), very over weight etc, it makes it harder for them to NOT look like a BG.

I guess that's an important point.

Seems Clive didnt get the memo:

598661-leanne-edelsten.jpg

Leanne's ex seems to have moved on:

169642-edelsten-and-gordon.jpg

Of course, neither man would ever have asked himself what a much younger blonde was doing in his bed. At least Clive James is a witty sort of guy - or was. The last footage to make it onto our screens was pretty sad.

Even back in the 80s, before Edelsten went to jail, this photo gave me the creeps:

915117-leanne-edelsten.jpg

She now claims she was appalled when he bought her a pink Lamborghini - didnt even like pink. They're all pink inside, Geoff old mate. The trade-in still looks ok, but there is something mesmerising about the front end on the new model:

420-edelstens-420x0.jpg

Archived