What Tgs Really Think Of Farang

Mr. Mojo

Flash,

Its not just farangs it is many foreigners, have you seen the salary delta between a Thai office worker or a Thai who can speak Japanese? its 5 fold. When Samsung opened their engineering office in Rayong in 2008 I knew of 10 Thai women who married a korean within the first year.

But then again what do I know, I have only lived here 21+ years and of course the bar stool tourist 2 week millionaires know it all better than me.

Finally, our incredibly in-depth knowledge of Thailand has been acknowledged ..... :neener:

Mr Mojo - personally, I dont give a rats arse what Thais think of me or my companions - I dont go out of my way to find the biggest skank in Pattaya, but nor do I line girls up for a dress inspection. If you want to be a cliche, just wander around with your guts hanging over your shorts, socks and sandals highlighting your lilywhite legs and deathly hangover. Make sure you are at least twice as tall, and weigh ten times as much, as your heavily-tattoed GFE. She should look old enough to be your grand-daughter, but only if you're grand-daughter has a drug habit and carries a knife.

Seriously, in the nightlife areas most people (Farang or Thai) couldn't give a rats arse. The exceptions seem to be newbie family tourists from places like Russia - mainly the older Natashas - again, I dont give a shit. Most of the Europeans are fairly laidback, and its just accepted that middle-aged men arent in Thailand for the temples. My advice is to dress reasonably, particularly if you are going to said temples or the hi-so malls, and concentrate on ignoring any bored gawkers - its your holiday, and they will still be stuck in the traffic and pollution long after you've flown home.

Your average middle-class Thai is a predictable creature - dress to their expectations and walk around as though you own the universe and they will ignore you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this topic has been covered before, but I really want to know what your typical TG (not BG) thinks of being seen in public with a farang BF older than her by 15 years? I have a number of dates set-up and when I come and was wondering what to encounter. Are we simply being used, a resource for them? Will they be "hiding" me or is a farang BF a positive status thing in public? Sometimes the truth hurts.

As it was said before, it will partly depend on you how you are dressed and behave.

Traditionally Thais don't touch much in public, right KS/Flash?

Therefore in regard to touching in public space follow her lead. If she doesn't touch you, don't try to do this.

Anyway in the recent years I got the impression that younger Thai couples are more open in regard to this matter. What you often see, for example at the Skytrain, is that young couples playfully banter with each other including some claps or so, I guess that this is a way to touch in public without being seen as indecent (same same in Japan).

Personally I always feel a little bit odd, when the BG du Jour which is 20-30 years younger than me, wants to hold my hand in public.

And as it was said before, in the Farang and tourist areas (along Sukhumvit Road for example) many (most?) people - Western people as well - will assume that the TG is a prostitute.

But only at one occasion I encountered some degrading remarks to my BG - by a Western guy.

Anyway, I prefer when a BG doesn't dress like slut during the day - at night at Soi Cowboy is a different matter. smirk.gif

Hi,

"Traditionally Thais don't touch much in public, right KS/Flash?"

Right, although this is certainly changing. My wife has no problem holding hands or me draping an arm around her shoulders while walking. She is often the one initiating the handholding.

Sanuk!

I have never held hands with a woman in Oz - why would I do it in Asia ? Most of the girls I have spent time with are bright enough to work out that I'm not interested in hand-holding : completely different for old married couples, but to me it seems really old fashioned.

Actually, on reflection, I do give a shit about one aspect of Thai perception - Farang as buffalo - and holding hands with a BG plays into that for mine. Best times I've had have been with groups of girls who have no interest in marking me as their 'territory', even if I was picking up the bill for lunch or whatever.

hmm it was asked what the TG (NON BG) might think of going around town with a significantly older farang (on a date whatever)?

quite likely she would object to any kissing or other intimate touching which is the norm in the west, but if confident try pushing the envelope a bit lol progress gotta be made!

hand holding well with a ST and it's limited time I kinda see the point of using the time to feel her hand and other body parts while en route to the room why not?

with a TG non rushed date this is less clear, but why not especially at the movies!

BJs are know to take place there as well as it's kinda cheaper than a ST room :closemouth:

enjoy your stay :beer:

I never make any physical contact with my woman in public, maybe because officially I am still actually married and cannot be seen to give my soon to be ex the excuse of "Adultery" OK I am shagging my legal representative not a recommended move. She still has her own apartment, OK we live in the same condo block but separate addresses, of course we are seen leaving the building together, just happens we live in same building.

the BG's know what they are and know that other Thai's view them as a BG and on the game.

i've usually found a BG will make the first move and hold my hand as we walk along,it seems to be a case of telling others that i am hers,so stay away.

i like walking hand-in-hand with a lady but would only do so with someone who was comfortable with it.

Archived