My Return

sayjann

This is in Phuket yes? In feb there were plenty of bars charging 100 baht for beers, even singha and chang. Not gogo's just regular beer bars and restaurant/cafe type places..

oh yes,Phuket.

bars seem to open and close at regular intervals in Patong and seem to charge all sorts of prices for drinks.

i tend to stick to 3 particular places where all drinks,alcoholic or not are 70bt.

but many places sell at much higher prices and many at lower prices.

the places i frequent have always sold a drink for 70bt ever since i started going 12 Years ago.

more expensive now in real terms due to the strong Baht against Sterling but nevertheless 70bt is a decent price.

but as you will see i have been known to splash out a lot more for a drink when the occasion arises when i decided to treat myself.

next door to my new gals bar was a rather new go-go which used to make me smile with there advertising tactics.

there used to be 2 guys outside with placards advertising the price of drinks.

1 placard said 'all drinks 130bt' and the other said 'all drinks 150bt' and the 2 guys used to stand side by side with their placards and i just consider the logic of adverting 2 different prices for the same product.

there used to be 2 guys outside with placards advertising the price of drinks.

1 placard said 'all drinks 130bt' and the other said 'all drinks 150bt' and the 2 guys used to stand side by side with their placards and i just consider the logic of adverting 2 different prices for the same product.

i'm having so many problems editing my posts lately....

meant to finish the post by saying 'i considered the logic of advertising 2 different prices for the same product as very strange'.

Archived