Tough Questions For Young Brits

StoneSoup

Clueless in Briton

"More than a third of 16 to 23-year-olds (36%) do not know bacon comes from pigs and four in 10 (40%) failed to link milk with an image of a dairy cow, with 7% linking it to wheat, the poll of 2,000 people for charity Leaf (Linking Environment and Farming) found."

Or course, even as I slag off on the Brits, there is

Cheers!

SS

Clueless in Briton

"More than a third of 16 to 23-year-olds (36%) do not know bacon comes from pigs and four in 10 (40%) failed to link milk with an image of a dairy cow, with 7% linking it to wheat, the poll of 2,000 people for charity Leaf (Linking Environment and Farming) found."

Or course, even as I slag off on the Brits, there is

Cheers!

SS

i know of some adults who are much older who would struggle with those questions.... :closemouth:

but then again it did take me years to realise my dick was not exclusive to my hands.... :shakehead

but then again it did take me years to realise my dick was not exclusive to my hands.... :shakehead

55555555 Funniest thing I've heard all week, thanks for that....

""More than a third of 16 to 23-year-olds (36%) do not know bacon comes from pigs and four in 10 (40%) failed to link milk with an image of a dairy cow,"

Most 16 to 23 year olds, have trouble getting up each day and realizing that they are not cool or hip or rad or whatever the description they bestow on themselves these days is.

:)

There's a fruit here in Laos, that MLG often buys, and it's always covered in dirt, like unwashed potatoes. Whereas the other kinds of fruit we eat are always reasonably clean. From this I took it to be, that the dirt covered one, was some sort of fruit of the earth. But no!, MLG says they grow on trees, like all fruit. So why are they always covered in dirt and the other fruit aren't? There is no answer to this question...

I fear Americans of the same age would be noticably worse. Generally speaking, young Brits I've encountered seem more educated than the young Americans I know...but it could be the accent making me think that. :rolleyes:

'Lunch Scholars' Video Reveals American Teens Can't Answer Basic Trivia (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingto..._n_1250023.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHtDF-z77wk

Can you think of a country which starts with the letter "U"?

"Europe"

"Utopia"

yikes.gif

Archived