My Return

sayjann

so far it looks like i'm a boring person who does the same things each and every day but things were awkward.

over the Years i've done most of the trips off the island and the weather really was unpredictable so not easy to plan ahead.

a lot of the trips off the island are by long-tail boat and i've spent time on one of those when the sea is rather unpleasant and can be no fun.

but anyway i was on a relaxing holiday and did'nt really need to anything but relax.

today was again overcast with a breeze and rain showers which were not that much of a problem as you can normally predict when they will be arriving.

met a nice Swedish couple who had 2 kids around 5/6 Years old and they kindly looked after our belongings as we went swimming.

Pik liked to swim and went out a lot further than me and really enjoyed herself.

i played with the kids for a while at the waters edge maling sandcastles which Pik found fascinating and her attempts were pretty abysmal and pouted when i kept laughing.

the parents thanked us for spending time with their kids as it meant they could have a little time together without having to watch their children every second.

arranged to meet them that night to watch the band and they loved it.

the wife was up singing ABBA songs and was good,a really nice couple.

even though the band was mainly geared towards the tourist they would Thai's just walking in and having a sing-song and dancing away,a nice atmosphere.

tonight an American(i presume from a Southern State) and asked if he could have a go on lead guitar and up he got and he was really good.

he sang a great version of 'sweet home Alabama' and his guitar solo on 'Freebird' was very impressive.

i of course was up with my Thai friend singing a few songs and the bar wss rocking tonight.

but i had to smile when a tiny Thai lady asked if she could get up and have a go at the drums and as a Thai song was sung by the band's singer she gently tapped away on the drums with help from the drummer.

but then she obviously asked for another song and the band launched into Led Zepplins rock'n'roll and peoples jaws dropped.

she was like a whirling dervish with the drumsticks and even the band's drummer said he was out of a job.

she was rewarded with a huge round of applause and quite a few drinks.

earlier in the day i had been talking to friends and i was asked if i had gone out the previous night when bars closed and i said 'of course'.

i've been going to the island long enough to know you can get most things if you know where to look.

a couple of guys overheard the conversation and quizzed me about how i had got a drink the previous night?.

they were moaning about the fact no alcohol was available and how on earth did i find a place to drink?.

the conversation went on the lines of:-

ME.did you look around?.

THEM.no,we walked along Bangla and no alcohol available.

ME.did you go down any of the Soi's which branch off of Bangla?.

THEM.no.

ME.why not?plenty of places off the main road where some sort of alcohol available.

THEM.no,why should we?,Bangla is the only place to go.

i just looked at them and explained to them they need to explore and just look around.

a licensed restaurant would have provided alcohol,they could have got a drink in their hotel as a last resort.

and did they try the Familymarts or 7-11?.

alcohol available 24 hours a day in some shops and no-one takes any notice if you walk down the road with a bottle or can in hand.

it was'nt if the place was deserted of people,the place was vibrant until the wee hours and because bars/go-go's closed there was a huge amount of available women/men/ladyboys hanging around who would normally have been working somewhere.

i told them there would be no problem for the reat of their 5 nights in town and when they offered me a drink i passed it up and asked them to give it to Pik which they did.

today had been another good day,quite pain free from my chest injury and i had been so happy to spend it with someone who was becoming very special to me.

Huh?????? :doah:

is it really that difficult?.

difficult to plan 3/4 days ahead amid conflicting reports from the TV and people i spoke to.

but easy to spot the rain coming as you could see the dark clouds drifting towards the shore.

the one rather predictable thing was that it rained heavily late at night and early morning.

this was the worst trip i have ever had concerning the weather,rarely ever any sun shining through and cold to me at times.

i can cope with rain and that was never really a problem.

just the uncertain nature of what might happen with the weather was spoiling things a little.

but as i say,nothing i had a real need to do as i've done most before and this was just a relaxing holiday after a period of illness.

Archived